Miss Heather McClelland
- Research Associate (Mental Health & Wellbeing)
Dr McClelland has been a researcher with the Suicidal Behaviour Research Laboratory of the School of Health and Wellbeing, University of Glasgow since 2017, as well as a project supervisor to postgraduate students of the Global Mental Health MSc programme and Academic Advisor to the National Suicide Prevention Leadership Group of the Scottish Government.
Dr. McClelland obtained her PhD in Clinical Psychology at the University of Glasgow in 2022, exploring interpersonal factors associated with self-harm. She has a background in neuroscience and psychology, as well as experience as a practicing clinician of cognitive behaviour therapy within NHS Scotland.
- Suicide and self-harm
- Loneliness and interpersonal factors
- Affective disorders
- Early intervention and prevention of mental illness
- Suicide Behaviour Research Laboratory (SBRL; researcher)
- Social Isolation and Loneliness Mental Health Network (member)
- Academic Advisory Group (AAG) for the National Suicide Prevention Leadership Group (NSPLG) of the Scottish Government (researcher)
Prizes and Awards
- Postgraduate Excellence Award, University of Glasgow (2014-2015)
- Three-Minute Thesis Competition (2nd place), University of Glasgow (2019)
- Global Mental Health MSc students
- DClinPsych trainees