IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT TREATMENT PROVIDED BY DENTAL STUDENTS
Please be aware that all clinical students are now preparing for their exams and will return for 4 weeks in May/June. They will be on summer vacation from 18th June to 25th July. Therefore waiting times for patients may be slightly longer over this period. We still welcome referrals during this period as we will need large numbers of patients in the new academic year.
- By attending the student clinic, you confirm that you accept your dental treatment will be carried out by dental students under the supervision of a qualified dentist.
- If you are unable to attend student clinics, when required, then the offer of student treatment at Glasgow Dental Hospital & School will be withdrawn.
- If you fail to attend student clinics, when appointed, then the offer of student treatment will be withdrawn.
- Treatment by students is not covered by the National Wait Time Guarantees and there may be long waiting times to commence treatment.
- If you have not received an appointment within 9 months of being placed on the student list you will be contacted to confirm if you still wish to remain on the list.
- Appointments with a dental student are available Monday to Friday (9am-3pm) during university term time only, depending on the type of treatment you require.
- Treatment may take longer to complete than in general dental practice as supervised students work more slowly than qualified dentists.
- You will receive one free course of treatment by a student and once completed, you will then be discharged and will need to register with a dentist for continuing care.
- Please note, if you have an urgent dental problem and you are not registered with a dentist of your own, you should contact: Emergency Dental Treatment Centre Floor 1 Glasgow Dental Hospital Tel: 0141 232 6323. Opening Hours: Monday to Friday: 08:30 -17:15.
- Please note that if you choose to attend the NHS Emergency Treatment Centre you will be liable for a charge for this service unless exempt from NHS charges.
- Outwith these hours, please contact NHS24 Tel no. 08454 242424
- For further information, on a student appointment, please contact: The student patient coordinator Glasgow Dental Hospital and School 378 Sauchiehall Street tel: 0141 211 9656 e-mail: UgStudentAppointments@ggc.scot.nhs.uk