Robert Burns and Scotland’s Tourism sector
This study takes the form of an assessment impact of Robert Burns in the Tourism in Scotland. The investigation shows that Robert Burns is a significant asset in Scotland’s touristic economy.
That is due to the vast heritage of Robert Burns disseminated in visitors attractions all over Scotland (especially the Ayrshires and Dumfries and Galloway).
- Robert Burns Birthplace Museum in Alloway
- Robert Burns Centre in Dumfries
- Robert Burns cottage in Alloway
- Burns Monument in Edinburgh
- Ellisland farm
- Robert Burns House in Dumfries
- The Burns Monument centre in Kilmarnock
- Robert Burns Trail
- The Writers' Museum in Edinburgh's Old Town
Number of visitors attracting by Burns monument and places are significant enough to consider Burns as a relevant component of Scotland Tourism Strategy.
Meanwhile, different regions and cities have organised Festival themed around Robert Burns :
An’a’ That! Festival in Ayrshire
Big Burns Supper Festival
Burns Unbroke in Edinburgh
Tae the Bard at the Winters Festival
It is also essential to evaluate the impact of such visitor attractions as an economic asset for several communities.