William Wilson Scott Scholarship
The William Wilson Scott Scholarships in the College of Science and Engineering, will be awarded to two new female Undergraduate students undertaking a degree in either Computing Science or Engineering.
The value of each scholarship is typically £1,500 p.a. for each year of the degree programme, subject to satisfactory progress. The scholarships are available to students entering the School of Computing Science or James Watt School of Engineering.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of their programme, for a purpose other than studying, and be classified as a 'Home' or 'RUK' student for fee purposes.
- hold the offer of a place to study, full-time, in either School of Computing Science or James Watt School of Engineering, at the University of Glasgow in the forthcoming academic year (September 2021).
- be undertaking their first undergraduate degree.
- provide evidence that their, or their family's, circumstances are such that they may find it difficult to take up a place at the University for financial or other reasons.
- provide evidence of excellent academic achievement before starting University
Number of Scholarships2
- Northern Ireland
- Aeronautical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Aerospace Systems[BEng/MEng]
- Biomedical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Civil Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Civil Engineering with Architecture[BEng/MEng]
- Computing Science[BSc/MA/MA(SocSci)/MSci]
- Electronic & Software Engineering[BSc/BEng/MEng]
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Design Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics[BEng/MEng]
- Software Engineering[BSc/MSci]
£1,500 per year of progressive study
How to apply
Applications for September 2021 entry are now closed. Applicants will be informed of the outcome by the end of August.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicant's responsibility to send documentary evidence requested on the application form (or of any other relevant circumstances relating to financial hardship), to the Scholarship Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) BEFORE THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE.
Applications cannot and will not be considered without the relevant documents to support them.