The William Wilson Scott Scholarships in the College of Science and Engineering, will be awarded to two new female Undergraduate students undertaking a degree in either Computing Science or Engineering for 2022 entry. The scholarship aims to support students who could face financial difficulties in taking up their place to study at the University.
The value of each scholarship is typically £1,500 p.a. for each year of the degree programme, subject to satisfactory progress. The scholarships are available to students entering the School of Computing Science or James Watt School of Engineering.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years prior to the start of their programme, for a purpose other than studying, and be classified as a 'Home' or 'RUK' student for fee purposes.
- hold the offer of a place to study, full-time, in either School of Computing Science or James Watt School of Engineering, at the University of Glasgow in the forthcoming academic year (September 2022).
- be undertaking their first undergraduate degree.
- provide evidence that their, or their family's, circumstances are such that they may find it difficult to take up a place at the University for financial or other reasons.
- provide evidence of excellent academic achievement before starting University
Number of Scholarships2
- Northern Ireland
- Aeronautical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Aerospace Systems[BEng/MEng]
- Biomedical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Civil Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Civil Engineering with Architecture[BEng/MEng]
- Computing Science[BSc/MA/MA(SocSci)/MSci]
- Electronic & Software Engineering[BSc/BEng/MEng]
- Electronics & Electrical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Design Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Engineering[BEng/MEng]
- Mechanical Engineering with Aeronautics[BEng/MEng]
- Software Engineering[BSc/MSci]
£1,500 per year of progressive study
How to apply
Applications for September 2022 entry are now closed. Applicants will be advised of the outcome by end of August.
PLEASE NOTE: As the applicant, it is your responsibility to send documentary evidence relating to any of the information declared within the application form, to the Scholarship Team (email@example.com) BEFORE THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE OF 5th June 2022.
Unfortunately, applications cannot be considered without the supporting evidence.