Undergraduates and postgraduates
Dumfries Hall of Residence offers modern, self-catering undergraduate and postgraduate accommodation for those studying at the Dumfries Campus. The Residence is arranged over two floors, comprising spacious single, en suite study bedrooms all with individual internet connectivity.
- A total of 29 single rooms are available (£149.87 per week in session 2020-2021)
- Fees include bed linen, utilities, internet access, personal possessions insurance and access to on-site laundry facilities.
- All rooms are furnished with a bed, desk, lamp, two chairs, wardrobe, a drawer unit, shelves, noticeboard and en suite shower room with shower, toilet and wash hand basin. Students will need to provide their own towels.
- Well-equipped kitchens with: cookers; fridge-freezers; microwaves; kettles; dining table and chairs, individual cupboards, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Living area with sofa / chairs and digitally enabled television.
- The Residence is a 10 minute walk from the university and a 20 minute walk from the centre of Dumfries. There is a bus stop close by with a regular bus service to the town centre.
- The Residence is secured with a main door, to which only residents and staff have a key. Each flat has a lockable flat door and individual students are then also provided with a key to their own study bedroom.
- A warden is available to help students settle in and to assist should any problems arise. There is also an emergency telephone line to designated university staff.
- There is a free parking area adjacent to the residence.
This residence is managed in partnership with Loreburn Housing Association. All processing of applications and allocations will be handled by the University of Glasgow thereby retaining its role as landlord to student residents. The University of Glasgow continues to be responsible for student welfare and the collection of fees.
Dumfries Hall of Residence
University of Glasgow