Undergraduates and postgraduates
Brooke House offers modern, self-catering undergraduate and postgraduate accommodation for those studying at the Dumfries Campus. The Residence is arranged over two floors, comprising spacious single, en suite study bedrooms all with Wi-Fi and cabled internet connectivity.
- A total of 13 single rooms are available (£145.67 per week in session 2018-2019)
- Fees include utilities, internet access, personal possessions insurance and access to on-site laundry facilities.
- All rooms are furnished with a bed, desk, lamp, chair, wardrobe, a drawer unit, shelves, noticeboard and en suite shower room / wet room with shower, toilet and wash hand basin. Students will need to provide their own towels, duvet, pillow and bedlinen.
- A well-equipped kitchen with: cookers; fridge-freezers; microwaves; kettles; dining table and chairs, individual cupboards, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.
- Living room with sofa / chairs and digitally enabled television.
- The Residence is a 20 minute walk from the university and a 5 minute walk from the centre of Dumfries. There is a bus stop close by with a regular bus service to the campus.
- The Residence is secured with a main door, to which only residents and staff have a key. Each room has a lockable individual door.
- A warden is available to help students settle in and to assist should any problems arise.
- There is a free parking area adjacent to the residence. There is also a garage with bike storage racks.
This residence is managed in partnership with Loreburn Housing Association. All processing of applications and allocations will be handled by the University of Glasgow thereby retaining its role as landlord to student residents. The University of Glasgow continues to be responsible for student welfare and the collection of fees.
31 Brooke Street
Telephone: 01387 702132
Contact: Julie Bowman (Julie.email@example.com)