The Research Strategy & Innovation Office (RSIO) is responsible for developing and implementing the University's research & knowledge exchange strategies and supporting the delivery of the University's research, knowledge exchange and commercialisation objectives. We are also responsible for developing research metrics and gathering data to facilitate the measurement of research performance.
The Knowledge Exchange team identifies, facilitates and develops institution-wide knowledge exchange initiatives. Our aim is to engender a culture in which innovation and entrepreneurship are embedded within the academic environment.
The team also focusses on raising the profile of the University within the knowledge exchange arena, and forging long-term strategic partnerships with national and international organisations, to realise the impact potential of the University’s research outcomes.
RSIO manages a number of strategic knowledge exchange projects and funding-initiatives, including Impact Acceleration Accounts for the various funding councils, the Glasgow KE fund, and Easy Access IP.
- Simon Earp (Head of Knowledge Exchange)
- Rose-Marie Barbeau (Research Impact Manager)
- Michael Burns (Business Development Manager)
- Dr Elspeth Elliott (External and Internal Development Manager)
- Dr Jamie Gallagher (Public Engagement Officer)
- Dr Gordon Meiklejohn (Business Development Manager)
- Jaclyn McCann (Knowledge Exchange Administrator)
- David Wright (Research Networks Administrator)