Innovate UK funds and supports business-led innovation for the purpose of economic growth. Growth from Innovation is central to the government’s economic plans and the UK academic research base is viewed as a key component within this innovation driven growth agenda.
The Industrial Strategy has released significant amounts of funding into challenge led R&D however Innovate UK have maintained a budget devoted to funding the best cutting-edge or disruptive ideas or concepts with a view to commercialisation. This funding is now released entirely via ‘Open’ calls (as opposed to the previous themed calls).
Open - funding the best cutting edge ideas for commercialisation
The best way to start to engage with Innovate UK is to attend one of our events on campus. Click here to view the Innovate UK Events.
Find out more about Innovate UK
- Browse open and upcoming Innovate competitions
- The KTN are funded by Innovate UK to connect industry and academia usually via events. To meet industry partners, search through the KTN events here
- Attend Innovate UK Events - Innovate UK runs a series of tailored events throughout the UK which may match your research interests
- Talk to your University of Glasgow contact Dr Gordon Meiklejohn
- connect. Join specific networks (e.g. Built Environment) and expand your network and interact with the business community
University of Glasgow support for Innovate UK Funding
- Publicise opportunities: your Project co-ordinator or Business Development Manager should be able to tell you about upcoming Innovate UK funding opportunities
- Fund attendance at KTN partnering workshops: contact Gordon Meiklejohn for more information
- Support industry engagement: your college BDM can work with RIS to support you as you talk with industry
- Industry engagement training: available via Employee and Organisational Development training courses
- Workshops on bid writing: see events pages
- Funding for bid writing: contact Gordon Meiklejohn for more information
We also work with you in collaboration with the Business Development Managers from the Colleges.
- College of Arts - Dr Fraser Rowan
- College of Medical, Veterinary & Life Sciences - Dr John Gordon
- College of Science & Engineering - Lynne McCorriston
- College of Social Sciences - Dr Fiona Heatlie
For all Innovate UK enquires, please contact: