Document legalisation

If you are going to use British documents overseas, for business or personal reasons, you may be asked to have your documents legalised, to confirm that a signature, seal or stamp appearing on a document is genuine, before they can be accepted.

Details of the legalisation service offered by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office are available on their website.