Camtasia - free to all UofG community
Camtasia is a new screen capture and video editing tool available for free to all UofG staff.
With Camtasia, you can:
- Capture video: Record using your webcam or another camera, import PowerPoint slides and record your screen
- Create slides and overlays: Create graphic slides and overlays such as lower thirds, intro cards and credits
- Edit audio: Edit and equalise audio from video or straight audio for podcasts
- Import/Export Media: Import any video clip you have from your computer and export your new video ready for upload to your media repository
- Highlight your cursor within screen capture: When you are recording your screen, you can highlight your cursor so the recording shows where and when you click on the page.
- Drag and Drop to edit: Edit and re-arrange your video files by dragging them to where you want them within the video editor
Install on a Standard Staff Desktop
Install on your own device
To install Camtasia on your own Windows or macOS device, complete the Camtasia Request Form in UofG Helpdesk.
Getting started with Camtasia
You can also access a range of tutorial videos from Camtasia, designed to help you master the basics and then expand your skills. `
First published: 2 June 2022