The Standard Staff Desktop gives staff and postgraduate research students a base of commonly used applications including Microsoft Office, Antivirus, PDF reader and more.
SSD PCs are automatically updated, ensuring the best security cover.
- For advice on buying a PC to run SSD, see Desktop PCs
- To request installation of SSD, contact your local IT support
- To install other software on your SSD PC under a University license, double click on the Software Centre icon on your desktop. For more software options, see Software and online tools.
- DO install updates and restart your PC as soon as you receive notification
- DO NOT upgrade any of the basic system components: this is to ensure compliance with software licencing, and because patches to core programmes (Outlook, Word etc) are often applied on the assumption that installed version is known
- DO use the University's approved cloud storage service: OneDrive for Business in Office 365
- DO NOT use consumer versions of DropBox, Google Drive etc to store Medium of High risk data
Please note the Office 365 Synchronisation client is not supported on SSD10. It is not required due to the powerful University network connection.