Protect your rights by applying to the EU Settlement Scheme

The UK left the European Union on 31 January 2020. The transition period ended at 11pm on 31 December 2020 and freedom of movement between the UK and the European Union ceased to apply.

EU staff make up 15% of our total workforce and EU students 10% of our student population; you are a vital part of our community and we are committed to doing everything possible to support you.

If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen, you and your family need to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme to protect your rights and stay in the UK after 30 June 2021.

The EU Settlement Scheme allows you and your family to obtain the immigration status you need to continue to live, work and study in the UK and access public services like the NHS.

If you were resident in the UK before 11pm on 31 December 2020, you must apply to the EU Settlement Scheme by 30 June 2021. We strongly advise you to make your application as soon as possible to avoid any unforeseen delays or difficulties with the application process as the deadline approaches.

The University does not currently require evidence that you have applied; however, it is important for you to obtain status through the scheme to protect your rights in the future.

Our position remains that we want to support you in any way we can as we wish to minimise any potential barriers to your migration to the UK. The University of Glasgow has a global reputation and we are fully committed to attracting and retaining talented people to join and remain part of our diverse, inclusive Team UofG community studying and working with us aligned with our world-changing ambitions.

How to apply
You will need to complete a short online application form using a computer, tablet or mobile phone: Apply to the EU Settlement Scheme (settled and pre-settled status

Successful applicants will receive settled status or pre-settled status, depending on how long you have lived in the UK. You will get digital proof of your status through an online service.

Support is available if you need help with your application: call the EU Settlement Resolution Centre if you have any questions about your application: 0300 123 7379 or send a message using the online form.



First published: 31 May 2021