#TeamUofG 2019 launches tomorrow!
Tomorrow (6 August) is SQA Results Day and we’re launching our latest student onboarding campaign, designed to welcome our brand new students to our #TeamUofG community. This year, our tattoos have gone and have been replaced by (**drum roll**) Team UofG socks!
Our UK-based students have been sent a pair of socks in their welcome packs, which they have been encouraged to wear and share across their social media profiles. These photos and videos will be collated on our Team UofG Wall of Fame at www.glasgow.ac.uk/teamuofg. Our international students will also get the chance to receive socks when they arrive on campus in September. Tomorrow we will post our campaign video (featuring lots of socks) to our main @UofGlasgow social media channels with follow up messages (including some personalisation) to welcome our new students. The key message is ‘Welcome to #TeamUofG – you’re part of our world-changing family’.
How can you get involved?
We want as many social media accounts across the University to jump on board the #TeamUofG message as possible, by sharing the content from the main @UofGlasgow channels as well as creating your own individual messaging.
- Share the #TeamUofG video from the main Twitter and Facebook channels
- Share additional video and picture content from the main Twitter and Facebook channels
- Create bespoke content for your own channels – a photo of you and other members of your team/school/college saying ‘Welcome to Team UofG’ or anything else creative you can come up with – boomerangs, Instagram stories etc. Sock puns are encouraged!
- Spread the word in your Service, School or College to get as many people as possible to get involved.
- Change your social media header to a #TeamUofG one – find them on our TeamUofG Digital Toolkit here: http://ow.ly/iAwR50vbjNP
- Use the new #TeamUofG gifs on Twitter and our new Instagram stickers on your content. Just search ‘#TeamUofG’ on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram or Giphy and get sharing! Digital Assets A dropbox folder with the new Team UofG heart design, social media headers and GIFS can be found here: http://ow.ly/iAwR50vbjNP
We will be repeating this activity next Thursday 15th August for A-Level Results Day and will continue to welcome students throughout Freshers’ Week in September, so watch this space.
First published: 5 August 2019