Covid Prevention on our campuses
Although the UK is currently experiencing a lower risk from Covid compared to the start of recent academic years, we know that transmission of the virus is still present within the community. It is also possible we see a rise over the winter months, and we are therefore continuing our support for colleagues and students, both in the UK and around the world.
As set out in our joint statement with campus trade unions at the start of the pandemic, we will strive to ensure that we are supporting our colleague and student community, and we continue to do everything we can to protect the education of our students and the health, jobs and livelihoods of members of staff.
As we begin the new term, we are continuing to implement the following protection measures across our campuses to ensure they remain safe and secure places to work.
- Ensure our wellbeing strategy remains central to our post-Covid recovery
- Continue to undertake a Covid risk assessment of our activities
- Consider the needs of colleagues and students who have higher vulnerability to Covid
- Continue to encourage our community to get vaccinated and tested if eligible
- Continue to support students and colleagues to remain at homes if displaying Covid symptoms or fever
- Observe Scottish Government and NHS Guidelines
- Continue to deliver a robust cleaning regime
- Encourage and support our community to practice good hand hygiene
- Continue to monitor and maximise ventilation in our buildings
- Commit to implement hybrid working to enable a positive work/life balance
- Invest in improving space, technology, and the digital experience to facilitate our new ways of working
First published: 20 September 2022