How we support students
The student-facing team within LEADS works with students at all levels and from all Colleges. We offer tailored academic advice through one-to-one appointments, our classes and workshops, and in-course teaching. We can work alongside academic staff in the development of students’ learning, writing and research skills.
Some of the topics we cover:
- Critical analysis
- Academic writing
- Dissertation research and writing
- Note-taking, time and project management, and mind mapping
- Active reading and engaging with literature
- Referencing, plagiarism and good student academic practice
- Exam preparation and technique
- Lab report, essay and project report writing
- Presentations and group work
LEADS for Students on YouTube
The student-facing team is continually populating a collection of videos on YouTube (search LEADS for Students to find our channel).
Feel free to embed these in your own webpages, Moodle courses, or emails to your classes.
Our videos are organised into playlists, roughly sorted by audience (e.g. College) or purpose (e.g. writing series).
If you have any ideas for more tips we could record to help your students, we'd be happy to hear from you.