Register with us
Due to the current Coronavirus outbreak we are offering telephone/video call appointments with the service at this time. We will be contacting all students with scheduled appointments to advise them of the options available and provide any necessary links. Please check your emails regularly. If you require further information or support please contact us at email@example.com or call us on 0141 330 5497/7237/5121/2260
We welcome enquiries from students with a disability, chronic medical or mental health condition, specific learning difficulties such as dyslexia, sensory impairments or access difficulties.
Let us know about your disability or medical condition
We encourage you to disclose your disability or medical condition to ensure that appropriate support is arranged for you. This includes access, examination and study arrangements or additional funding from the Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA).
Due to General Data Protection Legislation Requirements (GDPR) Disability Service now cannot accept or store evidence of disability or make an appointment with the Disability Service until a student is officially registered at University of Glasgow.
I have an unconditional offer
When you are a registered student at University of Glasgow
Download, complete and return the Pre-Appointment Form as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to us at: University of Glasgow Disability Service, 65 Southpark Avenue, Glasgow G12 8LE.
Together with evidence of your disability or specific learning difficulty
We cannot accept any evidence from you before you are a registered student due to GDPR. However you can call 0141-330 5497/5121/7237/2260 in advance of your registration to make an appointment for a needs assessment for as soon as you are a registered student.
I have a conditional offer
Due to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) only send your evidence of disabiliy and information to Disability Service when you are a registered student at University of Glasgow.
I am a student from England, Northern Ireland or Wales
1. Apply for your Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) in the Summer prior to the start of your course. You do not need to wait until you know where you will be studying.
A DSA claim can take funding bodies up to 14 weeks to process from start to finish, so start the process as early as you can.
2. Once you know you are coming to Glasgow University you can ask the access centre to forward a copy of your needs assessment report or send it yourself: email@example.com
3. Once you are a registered student at Glasgow University please email your DSA report and your medical evidence together with the pre-entry form. Due to GDPR we cannot accept medical evidence before you are a registered student.
4. You can call us on + 44 (0) 141 330 5497/5121/2260 prior to registering to arrange an appointment with a Disability Adviser for as soon as you arrive in Glasgow. This will be to discuss and put in place any additional support requirements you may have, such as exam arrangements.
5. If you require a place in residence you need to organise this as soon as possible by contacing Accommodation Services.
I am a student from Scotland
It’s probably best to have your needs assessment done at the University of Glasgow’s Disability Service.
You must first be a registered student at University of Glasgow student for the forthcoming academic year.
ONCE YOU ARE A REGISTERED STUDENT AT UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW
1. Scan and email the pre entry form and your evidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Call us on +44 (0) 141 330 5497/5121/2260 to make a needs assessment appointment.
3. If you are eligible for DSA your disability adviser will complete the forms with you and send to SAAS.
I am interested in coming to Glasgow
If you have a disability, health condition of specific learning difficulties, we can help you with:
- Access on campus
- Arranging support (see examples)
- Assistive technology
- Exam arrangements
- Financial assistance
- Referrals to other services