- August 18, 2020: An MRC funded PhD studentship has been granted: MRC Precision Medicine - iCASE: Quantitative magnetic resonance imaging of the prostate at 7 tesla, with co-supervisors, Professor David Porter, Professor Hing Leung, Dr. Kristin Flegal, and industry sponsor from MR CoilTech Dr. Shajan Gunamony. Applications are sought by eager physicists or engineers by the deadline of September 7, 2020. Full details found at the bottom of the page here.
- July 1, 2020: Restricted access to ICE and the MRI unit has been granted for pre-approved 7T users. Currently only phantom scanning with strict COVID-19 measures is permitted, with healthy volunteer and non-essential patient studies to resume at a later date as in-line with Scottish Government guidance.
- June 26, 2020: The University of Glasgow has been awarded a £38m grant by the UKRI to establish a Precision Medicine Living Lab. Part of that money will fund 7T activities in partnership with MR CoilTech. The University article is found here.
- April 2, 2020: The College of Medicine, Veterinary, & Life Sciences has announced they will host a new COVID-19 test centre at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Clinical Innovation Zone, and the further story is found here.
- March 15, 2020: Per the University of Glasgow and the College of Medicine, Veterinary, & Life Sciences guidance on the COVID-19 pandemic, 7 tesla operations have been suspended until further notice. Furthermore, all non-essential ICE personnel have been requested not to come to the ICE building and work from home. Further information can be found on the MVLS website here.