Council Tax & Certifying Letters FAQs


Where can I get a certifying letter?

You can get a certifying letter from Student Services Enquiry Team

A standard certifying letter can also be downloaded from your MyCampus Student Centre.


Am I still eligible for council tax exemption after I submit my thesis and/or I am doing my thesis corrections?

Please see the rules for council tax exemption on the Student Services Enquiry Team webpages.

If you are a PhD student, your exemption will stop on the 'End date' listed on your MyCampus record. This date is added to your record by the Graduate School office and will typically be the same as your thesis submission date.

If you are unsure of your 'End date', the Graduate School or the  will confirm it for you. If you believe the date is incorrect, only The Graduate School can update it.

Your full-time status does not extend to your Viva or graduation date.