Why Apply to Glasgow for a Doctoral Scholarship?
Doctoral Scholarships in the College of Arts provide you with fee and stipend support throughout your doctoral programme.
The majority of our awards are provided through membership of the Scottish Graduate School for Arts & Humanities Doctoral Training Partnership (SGSAH DTP).
The SGSAH DTP provides:
- funding for 42 months of full-time study
- enhanced training provision, with access to 11 Discipline+ Catalysts comprising academic specialists and PG researchers from across Scotland
- access to industry and networking through three Knowledge Exchange Hubs
- access to work experience through paid internships and artist residencies
- opportunities for study and internships internationally
- funding for individually tailored, specialised training
- funding for collaborative training with peer networks across Scotland
- annual Summer School and showcases to help share and promote your work
- opportunities for co-supervision across ten HEIs in Scotland
Glasgow has been the most successful University in securing awards for its applicants through the SGSAH DTP for the last three years running.
Undertaking doctoral studies in the College of Arts gives you access to:
- world-class collections through in our Library’s Archives and Special Collections unit and the Hunterian Museum;
- a comprehensive skills development programme ranging from academic writing and research methods to fieldwork, practice research, careers and employability
- access to ArtsLab, our interdisciplinary research institute
- excellent supervision, with each researcher supported by two supervisors and all supervisors undertaking mandatory training every four years
- a wealth of support and guidance provided by our Graduate School team, regular drop-in events, an annual Postgraduate Conference and two dedicated postgraduate e-journals (eSharp, The Kelvingrove Review)
- opportunities to gain teaching experience as a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA)
- funding for conference presentations, fieldwork and public engagement
See the eligibility criteria and find out how to apply for a Doctoral Scholarship with the College of Arts.