(jointly offered with Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT))
The Bachelor of Science with Honours in Nursing is a two-year post registration programme offered jointly by SIT and the University of Glasgow (UofG). The nursing programme has been co-created and designed with inputs from practice partners in Singapore’s healthcare system across the care continuum, education partners, and the Ministry of Health. Building on the foundation that students have established during their nursing diploma studies, this programme will develop students’ critical, analytical and innovative skills, as well as their leadership, research, teaching, and clinical competencies. With an emphasis on the integration of knowledge and practice in the delivery of patient care, students will undergo module-focussed clinical placements in hospitals and the community throughout the programme. Apart from developing theoretical knowledge and clinical skills, they will gain an insight into health and social policies, and apply innovation in healthcare, as well as strengthen their skills in interdisciplinary collaboration and partnerships.
Introducing the Nursing and Health Care School
The Nursing and Health Care School at the University of Glasgow was established with the aim of producing Graduate Nurses who are grounded in health related scientific theory. The School has a national and international reputation for nursing education and research with the patient/client as the focus of health care.
- Our Nursing programme prepares its graduates for all areas of care and, on qualifying, our nurses have been employed throughout the UK and the rest of the world
- We have access to excellent facilities and enjoy well-established relationships with clinical staff within the Greater Glasgow area where students have clinical placements
- Our research activity is multi-professional, patient-centred and collaborative and sits mainly within the themes of Improving Health, Wellbeing and Care and Education
- We consistently rank highly within league tables and are delighted to have ranked 1st for Nursing in the UK again (The Complete University Guide, 2019)
Introducing Singapore Institute of Technology
Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) is Singapore’s university of applied learning. It aims to be a leader in innovative university education by integrating learning, industry and community. SIT offers applied degree programmes targeted at growth sectors of the economy.
As Singapore’s university of applied learning, SIT offers its own applied degree programmes with a unique pedagogy that integrates work and study. It also offers specialised degree programmes in partnership with world-class universities.
To find out more about SIT, visit: singaporetech.edu.sg
The SIT-UofG Nursing programme has a range of courses designed to equip students with relevant knowledge and skills that will help them meet the healthcare challenges of Singapore, prepare them for leadership roles, and take the nursing profession forward.
- Healthcare Ethics and Law
- Health Systems: Singapore Perspectives
- Development in Nursing Practice
- Health Assessment and Clinical Reasoning
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods and Statistical Appraisal
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Health Innovation and Informatics
- Population Health
- Health and Social Policy
- Intermediate and Long Term Care, and Overseas Immersion Programme
- Teaching and Learning in Clinical Settings
- Leadership and Change Management
- Honours Thesis
- Honours Thesis (Part 2)
- Integrated Work-Study Programme
The Nursing programme has received accreditation from the Singapore Nursing Board (SNB).
How to apply
This degree programme is jointly offered with the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) on the Dover campus in Singapore. Students will graduate will a jointly-awarded degree from the University of Glasgow and SIT.
Applications to this programme are processed by the Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT). Please visit the SIT web site for admissions requirements or to apply online:
- For programme-related and admission enquiries please contact Singapore Institute of Technology: email: Adm@SingaporeTech.edu.sg (for local students), Adm.Intl@SingaporeTech.edu.sg (for international students) or telephone +65 6592 1136.
- For enquiries about financial aid, scholarships and pre-matriculated students: email: FAS@SingaporeTech.edu.sg or telephone +65 6592 1150