Postgraduate research opportunities
95% of our Psychology and Neuroscience research has been evaluated as ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ in the latest Research Excellence Framework .
MSc and PhD opportunities include:
- Non-invasive multimodal brain imaging using fMRI
- Sensory and cognitive processing using MEG/EEG
- Functions of brain oscillations
- Neuromodulation via TMS
- Brainstem circuits in pain; spinal cord injury
- Stroke (experimental; preclinical and clinical)
- Translational neuroscience
- Laminar cortical circuits in animals and humans
- Cortical circuits mediating perception and memory
- Circadian rhythms
- Visual perception and cognition
- Social signal processing (emotion, kinship)
- Language production and comprehension
- Health behaviour (eating, stress)
- Virtual agents and social robotics
- Statistical and scientific methodology.
You may want to identify and contact a potential supervisor to discuss your research proposal before you apply.
Please contact a potential supervisor before applying.