Dr Wei Zhang
- Lecturer (Statistics)
I joined the School as a Lecturer in Statistics in May 2021. Before that I obtained my PhD in statistics from the University of Auckland (2018), and held two postdoctoral fellowships at Western University (2017-2019) and the University of California, Berkeley (2019-2021).
My research mainly focuses on developing statistical models for analysing ecological data and computationally efficient methods for fitting complicated models. I am particularly interested in capture-recapture and spatial capture-recapture problems. I am also interested in computational statistics. Currently I am contributing to some R packages including nimble and nimbleSCR.
- Statistics & Data Analytics
- Bayesian modelling & inference
- Computational statistics
- Environmental, ecological sciences & sustainability
- Advanced Predictive Models (STATS5098)
- Bayesian Statistics (STATS5100)
- Stochastic Processes (STATS4024/5026)