Professor Gwyn Bellamy
- Professor of Mathematics (Mathematics)
My research interests are in representation theory and its interactions with geometry. More specifically, I am interested in the many different areas of mathematics that are in some way related to the study of sympletic reflection algebras (and especially rational Cherednik algebras). This includes symplectic algebraic geometry, Calogero-Moser systems, algebraic combinatorics and the representation theory of objects of Lie type such as Hecke algebras and q-Schur algebras. In particular, I am trying to understand the relationship between sympletic reflection algebras and the theory of D-modules, or more general, sheaves of deformation-quantization algebras.
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) First grant, 2015-2017.
- London Mathematical Society (LMS)/Clay institute research school grant (joint P.I.) Aug. 2014.
- LMS "Visits to the U.K.'' Scheme 2 grant (P.I.) Oct. 2013.
- EPSRC Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, 2011-2014.
- Cecil King Travel Scholarship awarded by the LMS - 3 month visit to University of Chicago, 2010.
- 5M Lie groups, Lie algebras and their representations.
- 4H Topics in Algebra.
Professional activities & recognition
Prizes, awards & distinctions
- 2018: Dillwyn Medal (Learned Society of Wales)
- 2010 - 2013: EPSRC Postdoctoral Fellowship
Grant committees & research advisory boards
- 2016: EPSRC, Mathematics Panel
- 2017: Journal of Algebra
Professional & learned societies
- 2008: Member, London Mathematical Society