Statistical Emulation for Computational Reverse Engineering and Translation
Monday 23rd October 09:00-13:00 ARC, Studio 2
Workshop on computational tools for accurate, robust and computationally efficient inference of unknown parameters in complex biophysical models from physiological data, based on surrogate modelling and emulation.
This is a workshop following on from an international competition that Mihaela has organised. It provides an excellent opportunity to learn more about cutting edge methods for statistical inference in complex systems using emulation, given by the three top-ranked participants. The workshop will also discuss alternative statistical methods for performance ranking.
• 9:00-9:15 Coffee
• 9:15-9:30 Dirk Husmeier: Welcome and overview of the workshop
• 9:30-10:00 Mette Olufsen, North Carolina State University: Overview of the two biophysical models used for the competition
• 10:00-11:30 Method presentations by each of the three top-ranked participants
• 11:30-12:00 Coffee break
• 12:00-12:45 Mihaela Paun: Presentation and discussion of the assessment criteria
• 12:45-13:00 Mihaela Paun: Award ceremony
We have limited seating capacity. If you want to attend, please send an email to Mihaela: email@example.com. We will accept registrations until we have reached the maximum capacity of the room.