Amateur Musicians and Copyright Law: Where (And Why) Social And Commercial Values Diverge
- Professor Martin Kretschmer
- Dr Kris Erickson (external)
- Dr Elena Cooper
Janet is a mature student based in Wales and working on a PhD through the CREATe team. During her professional life Janet worked in a range of roles, primarily focussing on administrative process improvement, although latterly she has worked as an NVQ Assessor for FE colleges.
My primary area of interest is the extent to which copyright law ‘in the books’ has been assimilated into the practices of ordinary members of the general population, as represented by amateur musicians, and what that then tells us about copyright law and the organisations which enforce it.
- Impact in 60 Seconds Entrant, 2019: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5Pzg9LUaW8&list=PLZkhW2q1EWPyx2s2N_PgkXOglLObXdN75&index=5
- Lightning Talk presenter at ICEPOPS 2019: https://copyrightliteracy.org/upcoming-events/icepops-international-copyright-literacy-event-with-playful-opportunities-for-practitioners-and-scholars/icepops-2019-university-of-edinburgh/
- Blogpost: https://www.create.ac.uk/blog/2019/07/10/icepops-2019-fear-free-music/
- Presented at Graduate Women Scotland Academic Day, April 2019