Early Intervention for Borderline Personality Disorder - Masterclass - 14th September 2017
Early Intervention for Borderline Personality Disorder - Masterclass
Thursday 14th September 2017
(9.30 am - 4.30 pm)
Venue - Wolfson Medical Building, Yudowitz Seminar Room 1
(ground floor), University of Glasgow, University Avenue, G12 8QQ.
We are delighted to say that Dr Louise McCutcheon, Clinical Psychologist and Senior Programme Manager from Orygen, The National Centre of Excellence in Youth Mental Health, Australia, is in Glasgow and has agreed to run a masterclass. Dr McCutcheon also jointly founded the award-winning Helping Young People Early (HYPE) program, an early intervention program for Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) in young people. This will be of interest to clinicians and other professiona
In the masterclass, Dr McCutcheon will review current evidence about BPD in young people, and present a best practice model of Early Intervention for young people with BPD and associated problems. The workshop will combine didactic presentations, video material, case examples and first person accounts to provide a stimulating and interactive learning environment.ls who work with young people/adults with BPD and associated problems in mental health, primary care and other areas of health and allied services.
- Understand the principles and evidence for Early Intervention for Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
- Identify methods for screening and assessment of BPD in young people
- Understand the principles of good practice for those working outside specialist services
- Understand the essentials of psychoeducation about BPD in young people
- Understand the principles for working with families and friends of young people with BPD
- Understand the principles of working with risk and chronic self-harm
Programme - Early Intervention for BPD - Masterclass - 14.9.17