Athena Swan in SHW
Career journeys of professional services staff
The SHW Athena Swan professional services working group has compiled a series of case studies outlining the career journeys of SHW colleagues, past and present.
These highlight examples of:
- successful (and unsuccessful) regrading applications
- how working in a variety of roles can help to prepare us for future advancement
- the important contribution that pursuing training/learning opportunities can make to our long term development and progression
- navigating setbacks and disappointments
- gaining promotion by successfully applying for different jobs
"The learning during my secondment was extremely beneficial to bring back to my permanent role"
Long-time staff member in Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment and Public Health, RACHEL ALLAN, describes a 13-year journey from UofG temp to a recent return to full time education, and the variety of roles and experiences along the way that have helped to shape her future