Dr Wrik Mallik
- Lecturer in Aerospace Engineering (Autonomous Systems & Connectivity)
I received my BTech in Civil Engineering from Jadavpur University, India, and my Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering from Virginia Tech, USA. I was appointed as a postdoctoral research fellow at Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, and subsequently at The University of British Columbia, before joining the University of Glasgow in September 2022.
- Fluid-structure interaction/aeroelasticity
- Data-driven modelling and scientific machine learning for physical systems:
- Fluid-structure interaction: development of low-order models of fluid-structure systems showing complex physical phenomena
- Wave propagation and acoustics: development of low-order models for learning the dynamics of acoustic propagation and wave scattering
- Engineering optimisation: shape optimisation, multidisciplinary design and optimisation of complex aerospace systems
Students interested in a PhD in the above research topics are welcome to contact me. BEng, MEng and MSc students interested in the above topics are also welcome to contact me for research projects.
- Industrial aerodynamics (ENG4079/ENG5048)
Professional activities & recognition
Professional & learned societies
- Senior Member, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA)
Conference organisation and chair
- Co-organised mini-symposium on "Physics-based Data-Driven Modeling and Machine Learning for Intelligent and Green Transportation" at the MMLDT-CSET Conference, 2021
- Co-organising mini-symposium on "Data-driven Modeling and Machine Learning for Multiphysics Simulations" at the 22nd Computational Fluids Conference, 2023
- Organising committee: UK Fluids Conference 2023.