Professor Marc Sorel
- Professor (Electronic & Nanoscale Engineering)
Marc graduated cum laude in Electrical and Electronics Engineering in 1995 and received his Ph.D. degree in 1999 from Università di Pavia. In 1998 he joined the Optoelectronics Research Group at the University of Glasgow with a Rotary Foundation fellowship and was awarded a personal Marie-Curie fellowship in 1999 for research on integrated optical gyroscopes. He was appointed Lecturer in 2002 and Senior Lecturer in 2008.
Marc has been engaged in research related to integrated optics, silicon photonics and semiconductor lasers for over 15 years. He has published over 300 journal and conference papers, and serves or has served in several conference scientific committees including ECIO, ECOC, Photonics North and CLEO Europe.
- Semiconductor Ring Lasers
- Ultrashort pulse laser diodes
- Coupled ring resonators on silicon-on-insulator
- InSb-based midIR LEDs for gas sensing