Dr Kaveh Delfanazari
- Lecturer (Engineering - University of Electronic Science & Technology of China)
James Watt Building, School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ UK
About the Principal Investigator:
Dr. Kaveh Delfanazari is an Assistant Professor (University Lecturer) in Electronic and Nanoscale Engineering, at the James Watt School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, UK, an affiliate Senior Research Scientist at the University of Cambridge, UK, a Senior Member of IEEE and an A/Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK. Dr. Delfanazari is also a faculty member at the University of Glasgow (UoG)-University of Electronic Science & Technology of China (UESTC) joint innovation centre in Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
He has held positions as a Research Associate in quantum devices and circuits at the University of Cambridge, UK, Research Fellow, and Project Leader in superconducting and quantum metamaterials, at the University of Southampton, UK. He investigated integrated superconducting terahertz (THz) emitters and antennas- based on Josephson effect- during his PhD work at the University of Tsukuba, Japan. His research works in Japan led him to receive Dean’s Award for Excellence in the PhD thesis, the Japanese government scholarship, several travel grants, and international best paper and presentation awards.
Dr. Delfanazari's research group aims at developing on-chip quantum light sources, RF/microwave/mm-waves/THz electronic/photonic integrated circuits, and robust quantum chips based on (hybrid) novel quantum materials for applications in secure communication systems and decoherence-free (topological) quantum processing and computing.
Dr. Delfanazari's research interests lie in the area of:
- Hybrid and Topological Quantum Processing/Computing,
- Quantum Nanoelectronics and Josephson Junctions,
- Photonic Metamaterials and Plasmonics,
- Terahertz Science and Technology,
- On-chip Quantum Communication.
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. Experimental evidence for topological phases in the magnetoconductance of 2DEG-based hybrid junctions, arXiv:2007.02057 (2020).
- L. Serra and K. Delfanazari, Evidence for Majorana phases in the magnetoconductance of topological junctions based on two-dimensional electron gases, Physical Review B 101, 115409 (2020).
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. Integrated, portable, tunable, and coherent terahertz sources and sensitive detectors based on layered superconductors, Proceedings of the IEEE, DOI: 10.1109/JPROC.2019.2958810 (2020).
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. Scalable Quantum Integrated Circuits on Superconducting Two-Dimensional Electron Gas Platform, JoVE 150, e57818 (2019).
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. On-chip hybrid superconducting-semiconducting quantum circuit, IEEE Transactions on Applied Superconductivity 28 (4), 1-4 (2018).
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. On-Chip Andreev Devices: hard Superconducting Gap and Quantum Transport in Ballistic Nb-In0.75Ga0.25As quantum well-Nb Josephson junctions, Advanced Materials 29 (37), 1701836 (2017).
- S. Kalhor et. al. and K. Delfanazari, Thermal tuning of high-Tc superconducting Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ terahertz metamaterial, IEEE Photonics Journal 9 (5), 1400308 (2017),
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. Optical Superconducting Plasmonic Metamaterial, Advanced Electromagnetic Materials in Microwaves and Optics (2015).
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. Effect of Bias Electrode Position on Terahertz Radiation From Pentagonal Mesas of Superconducting Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8+δ, IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science and Technology 5 (3), 505-511 (2015).
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. Terahertz Oscillating Devices Based Upon the Intrinsic Josephson Junctions in a High-Temperature Superconductor, Journal of Infrared, Millimeter, and Terahertz Waves, 35 (1), 131-146 (2014).
- K. Delfanazari, et. al. Tunable terahertz emission from the intrinsic Josephson junctions in acute isosceles triangular Bi2Sr2 CaCu2O8+δ mesas, Optics Express 21 (2), 2171-2184 (2013).
Selected recent presentations
- (Invited Lecture) Institute for Cross-Disciplinary Physics and Complex Systems (IFISC), May 27 (2020), Spain.
- (Invited Oral) Moscow International Symposium on Magnetism (MISM), June 27 - July 2 (2020), Moscow, Russia.
- (Invited Oral) Addressable quantum circuits with arrays of Josephson field-effect transistors, 14th European Conference on Applied Superconductivity, 1st-5th September 2019, SEC, Glasgow, UK.
- (Invited Lecture) Josephson devices and circuits based on superconducting two-dimensional electron gas platform, Josephson-plasma Workshop,18 –21 January 2019, Orlando, FL, USA.
- (Invited Oral) Quantum integrated circuits based on two-dimensional electron gas platform, 2nd International Conference on Room Temperature Superconductors (RTS), 11 December 2018, Tsukuba, Japan.
-Dr. Delfanazari is accepting applications for BEng/MEng/MSc/PhD student projects. Please feel free to contact me if you are a talented and motivated student- with a strong background in quantum engineering, electronics/telecommunication engineering, applied physics, photonics, nanoscience, or related fields- and interested in joining my research group.
-If you are looking for exciting PhD projects in quantum engineering, we have got funded PhD studentships (UK/EU/International) in topological superconducting electronics, superconducting/quantum photonic metamaterials, hybrid microwave-terahertz quantum integrated circuits, and superconducting light sources. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org (with your CV attached) for more details or follow this link to submit your application.
-If you are a PhD, Postdoc, or Researcher with interests in the area of hybrid and superconducting electronic/photonic quantum technologies, and/or would like to discuss a project or interested in joining my research group, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com (with your CV attached) to discuss the opportunities.