Dr Kaveh Delfanazari
- Lecturer in Glasgow College UESTC (Electronic & Nanoscale Engineering) (Electronic & Nanoscale Engineering)
Electronics and Nanoscale Engineering (ENE) Division, School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, G12 8QQ UK
About the Principal Investigator:
Kaveh Delfanazari is Assistant Professor (University Lecturer) of Electronic and Nanoscale Engineering, at the James Watt School of Engineering, University of Glasgow, UK, Senior Research Scientist at the University of Cambridge, UK, Researcher Co-Investigator of the EPSRC programme on 'Multiplexed Quantum Integrated Circuits (MQIC)', Senior Member of IEEE, member of the 'Scottish Centre for Innovation in Quantum Computing and Simulation (SCIQCS)', and A/Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, UK.
Kaveh has held positions as Research Associate in quantum devices and circuits at the University of Cambridge, UK, Research Fellow, and Project Leader in superconducting and quantum metamaterials, at the University of Southampton, UK. Kaveh investigated integrated superconducting terahertz (THz) emitters and antennas- based on the Josephson effect- during his PhD work at the University of Tsukuba, Japan. His research works in Japan led him to receive Dean’s Award for Excellence in the PhD thesis, the Japanese government scholarship, several travel grants, and international best paper and presentation awards.
My research broadly concentrated on the development of novel software and hardware architecture (based on hybrid semiconducting, graphene, and superconducting quantum materials) for robust quantum computing, quantum information, quantum communication, and green energy.
I lead a team of researchers undertaking multidisciplinary research at the forefront of micro, nano, and quantum science and technology. This includes the design, modeling, fabrication, characterization, and measurements of nanoelectronics and nanophotonic quantum devices such as:
-(Hybrid) Superconducting resonators, coherent quantum integrated circuits and qubits,
-(Josephson junction-based) chip-integrated microwave, and THz coherent light sources, THz science & technology,
-Micro and nano-engineered quantum devices such as antenna arrays, metamaterials, and waveguides for ultrafast quantum photonics.
selected recent preprints:
- K. Delfanazari, et al., On-chip visible light communication-band metasurface modulators with niobium plasmonic nano-antenna arrays, arXiv:2107.09939
- S. Kalhor, et al., Active terahertz modulator and slow light metamaterial devices with hybrid graphene-superconductor photonic integrated circuits, arXiv:2107.03677
- K. Delfanazari, et al., Light-matter interactions in chip-integrated niobium nano-circuit arrays at optical fibre communication frequencies, arXiv:2106.11961
- S. Kalhor, et al., Millimeter wave to terahertz compact and low-loss superconducting plasmonic waveguides for cryogenic integrated nano-photonics, arXiv:2106.08594
- K. Delfanazari, et al., Experimental evidence for topological phases in the magnetoconductance of 2DEG-based hybrid junctions, arXiv:2007.02057
We have an open position in the group as EPSRC VACATION SCHOLAR. Students receive a salary of £330 per week (assuming satisfactory engagement with their research) and carry out a project lasting eight-ten weeks during the summer holiday. Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 18th June 2021. Projects will commence in early July (to be confirmed on discussion with Dr Kaveh Delfanazari).
For more info about the project please visit here:
To submit an application, please follow this link: EPSRC Vacation Internship Application 2021
- Samane Kalhor
- Lambert Li
- Paniz Foshat
- Yusheng Xiong
- YOU ? Feel free to get in touch with Kaveh, if you are interested in joining the team!
Mphil & MSc students:
- Zhenwei Sun
- Xingyan Zhang
- Qi Shen
- Ruohan Fan
- Taohan Wang
- Jingyuan Tang
- Dawoud Khodadah
- Mengtian Ren
- Cameron Nicholls
- Yujin Mei
- Pawel Swiderski
- Bo Wen
- Hongjun Wang
- Dr Kaveh Delfanazari
- Micro and Nano technology,
- Communication Circuit Design,
- Quantum Information Processing,
- Engineering & the Law (Engineering Ethical Principles, Design for Sustainability,., Risk Management),
- Journal Editorial Board Member: MDPI Materials (Quantum Materials & Material Physics), Frontiers in Communications and Networks
- Organizer: the University of Glasgow Quantum Engineering Seminar Series: every Friday (3-4 pm UK time),
- Quantum Technologies Session Co-Chair: 14th European Conference on Applied Superconductivity (EUCAS 2019),
- Organizer: STD 2020, If you would like to learn about the latest advances in quantum THz electronic devices based on layered superconductors, please register for the workshop on Superconducting Terahertz Device 2020 (STD20), to be held as a satellite workshop of the 5th International Conference on UK-China Emerging Technologies (UCET), between 20-21 August 2020, at the University of Glasgow, UK. The STD20 program file can be found here.