Dr Jianglin Lan
- Leverhulme Early Career Fellow (Autonomous Systems & Connectivity)
- May 2022 - present: Leverhulme Early Career Fellow, Proleptic Lecturer in Autonomous Systems, University of Glasgow.
- March 2023 - present: Honorary Research Fellow, Imperial College London.
- April - June 2023: Visiting Professor, The Robotics Institute, Carnegie Mellon University.
- August 2017 - April 2022: Research Associate, Imperial College London, University of Glasgow, Loughborough University & University of Sheffield.
- PhD in Engineering, University of Hull, 2017.
- MSc in Control Theory and Control Engineering, South China University of Technology, 2014.
- BEng in Automation, South China Agricultural University, 2011.
Dr Lan's research interests include but are not limited to:
- Low-carbon machine learning techniques
- Safe and robust autonomy
- Monitoring and verification of learning-enabled systems
- Data-driven control
- Fault diagnosis and fault-tolerant control
- Applications: autonomous vehicles, UAV, robotics
Find the lisit of publications here!
- Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowship & UofG LKAS Leadership Fellowship, "Decarbonising machine learning for safe and robust autonomous systems", PI, £383k, 2022-2025.
- Royal Society International Exchanges, "A data-driven fault-tolerant mechanism design method for future intelligent energy supply systems", PI, £12k, 2023-2025.
- Royal Society International Exchanges Cost Share (NSFC), "An accurate, robust and lightweight multi-camera multi-vehicle tracking system for the future intelligent transportation system", PI, £12k, 2023-2025.
- Division of Autonomous Systems & Connectivity ECR Fund, PI, £4k, 2022.
Dr Lan always welcomes enquiries to supervise research students and visiting students/scholars in his research areas. Application guidance is at https://www.gla.ac.uk/schools/engineering/phdopportunities/. The 2024/25 EPSRC/School PhD Scholarship application is now open with the deadline on 31/01/2024.
Current PhD students:
- Yuxuan Han (2023-), Autonomous multi-UAVs systems
- Wei Wei (2023-), Vision-learning control for autonomous vehicles
- Mahmud Sani Zango (2023-), Machine learning for resource-constrained UAVs
- Azizjon Kobilov (2023-), Learning and control for autonomous systems
- Zhihao Lin (2023-), Vision-based robot control
- Peizhuo Yu (2022-), Robot navigation in human-shared environment
- Chen, Qikun
Unravelling the Mystery: A Causal-Based Approach to Task Failure Explanation
- Vijayakumar, Harikrishnan
Integrated Decision-Making and Control of Automated Vehicles Considering Uncertainties
- Hongyu Liu, MSc student, 2023.
MSc Control Engineering:
- Control Systems Analysis and Design M (ENG5314)
- Control M (ENG5022, Continuous system part)
Professional activities & recognition
- 2022 - 2025: Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship
- 2022 - 2025: Lord Kelvin Adam Smith Felllowship
- 2023: International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing
Professional & learned societies
- 2022 - 2024: Member, Association for the Advancement of Artificial Intelligence (AAAI)
- 2023: Affiliate, International Federation of Automatic Control
Selected international presentations
- 2022: Invited Talk at Southeast University, China (Virtual)
- 2022: The Workshop on Formal Methods for ML-Enabled Autonomous Systems (Virtual)
- 2022: The 36th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (Virtual)
- 2023: The 37th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence (Virtual)
- Reviewer for journals and conferences: IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Automatica, Systems & Control Letters, IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, International Journal of Adaptive Control and Signal Processing, Renewable Energy, International Conference on Control and Fault-Tolerant Systems, American Control Conference, IFAC SafeProcess, ICML, etc.
- PC Member for AAAI-2022, AAAI-2023.
Find out more about Dr Lan through: