Dr Duncan Bremner
- Senior Lecturer in Glasgow College UESTC (Engineering - University of Electronic Science and Technology of China)
Building on my 30 years in industry as a circuit and communication systems designer, my research interests are exploring the next generation of communications systems for a 'Connected World'.
I seek students and researchers who are passionate in developing prototype ideas that maybe used to explore the real-world challenges. I take an industry approach to projects that benefits students in professional life. The challenge areas I am passionate about at present are:-
- The Internet of Things, the connected home, and local area networks for home and office applications with particular interest in the interoperability of competing standards such as Bluetooth, WiFi, and Zigbee.
- Mixed signal system and circuit design for low power applications; particularly in IoT and wearable applications. The realisation of new applications by optimising system partitioning between analog, digital, and embedded software components.
- Widely distributed, low cost sensor arrays for environmental monitoring; combining sensor data fusion to deliver high resolution data at low cost.
- I am always interested in students with an interest in a career in design engineering; whether analog, mixed signal, or embedded. Digital audio and sound reproduction is my personal passion.
I supervise students both in Glasgow and also in the Glasgow College; Chengdu.
Team Design Project & Skills; Chengdu
Final Year Projects: Chengdu
Design Special Topic 5; Glasgow
I teach Professional Practice (what you need to know as a real engineer) in Chengdu.
I also teach Electonic System Design (ESD3) in Chengdu.