Dr Queralt Capsada-Munsech
- Lecturer in Sociology of Education (Educational Leadership & Policy)
Dr Queralt Capsada-Munsech is Lecturer in Sociology of Education at the School of Education at the University of Glasgow. Queralt’s main research interests are educational inequalities, social stratification and youth transitions from education to the labour market. She currently teaches postgraduate courses in the MSc Education, Public Policy and Equity (EPP&E), the Erasmus Mundus IntM Educational Policies for Global Development (GLOBED) and the Doctorate in Education (EdD).
She has been previously involved in the NORFACE funded LIFETRACK research project. This comparative European research project focused on the long-term consequences that sorting processes in secondary education have for social inequality in later stages of educational and employment careers. Previously, she had also been involved in the EU H2020 YOUNG_ADULLLT research project, focused on lifelong learning policies tackling young adults in vulnerable situations in their transition from education to the labour market.
Before that, Queralt was a predoctoral researcher at the Department of Political and Social Sciences at Universitat Pompeu Fabra (UPF, Barcelona), where she got her PhD in Sociology entitled "Overeducation: Incidence, Persistence and Institutional Differences across countries. The influence of field of study and social origin on graduates' overeducation risk". During her predoctoral training, she enjoyed research stages at the Directorate for Education and Skills at the OECD (Paris), at the Amsterdam Centre for Inequality Studies (AMCIS) (Amsterdam) and at the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI, Dublin). She has also participated and presented her research in several European and International academic conferences organised by the European Consortium for Sociological Research (ECSR), the RC28 of the International Sociological Association (ISA) and the Transition in Youth (TIY) network, among others.
- educational inequalities
- social stratification
- social inclusion & justice
- educational and skill (mis)match
- youth transitions from education to the labour market
- educational policy
- higher education & further education
Professional activities & recognition
Selected international presentations
- 2019: I Workshop on Public Policy Evaluation (Valencia)
- 2019: SPA Conference (Durham)
- 2019: DIAL Conference (Turku)
- 2019: BSA Conference (Glasgow)
- 2018: CESE Conference (Nicosia)
- 2017: ESREA Conference (Verona)
- 2017: CES Conference (Glasgow)
- 2016: 24th Annual Workshop Transition in Youth (Trento)