Dr Ornela Dardha
- Lecturer (School of Computing Science)
I am a Lecturer at the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow. From January 2014 to April 2018, I was a Postdoctoral Researcher at the School of Computing Science, University of Glasgow working in the EPSRC programme grant From Data Types to Session Types: A Basis for Concurrency and Distribution (ABCD). I obtained my PhD in computer science in May 2014 from University of Bologna, Italy. I obtained my BSc in 2008 and my MSc in 2010 in computer science, both summa cum laude (110/110 e lode), from Sapienza University of Rome, Italy.
You can find more information about me on my personal website.
- Programming languages, semantics, concurrency.
- Formal methods and verification techniques: type systems, logic, encodings.
- Design and implementation of software tools for communication-safe systems programming.
Dardha, O. and Gay, S. J. (2018) A New Linear Logic for Deadlock-Free Session-Typed Processes. In: 21st International Conference on Foundations of Software Science and Computation Structures (FoSSaCS), Thessaloniki, Greece, 16-19 Apr 2018, pp. 91-109. (doi:10.1007/978-3-319-89366-2_5)
Kouzapas, D., Dardha, O. , Perera, R. and Gay, S. J. (2018) Typechecking protocols with Mungo and StMungo: a session type toolchain for Java. Science of Computer Programming, 155, pp. 52-75. (doi: 10.1016/j.scico.2017.10.006)
Scalas, A., Dardha, O. , Hu, R. and Yoshida, N. (2017) A Linear Decomposition of Multiparty Sessions for Safe Distributed Programming. In: 31st European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming (ECOOP 2017), Barcelona, Spain, 18-23 Jun 2017, 24:1-24:31. ISBN 9783959770354 (doi:10.4230/LIPIcs.ECOOP.2017.24)
Dardha, O. (2016) Type Systems for Distributed Programs: Components and Sessions. Series: Atlantis studies in computing, 7. Atlantis Press (Springer). ISBN 9789462392038 (doi:10.2991/978-94-6239-204-5)
- From Data Types to Session Types: A Basis for Concurrency and Distribution (EP/K034413/1) Co-Investigator May 2018 - May 2020 (jointly with Ph. Wadler, S. Gay, N. Yoshida)
- Behavioural Application Program Interfaces (EU HORIZON 2020, MSCA RISE, ID 778233) UoG Site Leader since March 2019 - March 2022
If you are interested in pursuing high-quality PhD research in the areas of programming languages, formal methods, logic, and program verification, then please contact me. You can find information about the application process on the information for prospective students pages.