Dr Oana Andrei
- Lecturer (Computing Science)
I am a Lecturer with the Centre for Computing Science Education and the Formal Analysis, Theory and Algorithms (FATA) section. Until August 2020 I was a Research Fellow in the School of Computing Science at the University of Glasgow. I worked under Prof Dame Muffy Calder on the EPSRC programme grants S4: Science of Sensor Systems Software (2016 -- 2020), Populations: A populations approach to ubicomp systems design (2011 -- 2017), and the EPRSC projects VPS: Verifying Interoperability Requirements in Pervasive Systems (2011) and SIGNAL: Stochastic process algebra for biochemical signalling pathway analysis (2009 -- 2011). In 2008 I obtained a PhD in Computer Science from INPL (nowadays University of Lorraine) and INRIA Nancy-Grand Est, France.
Personal website: http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/~oandrei
My expertise lies in Formal Methods, which are techniques for modelling complex systems as abstract mathematical entities amenable to a rigorous analysis of their properties.
My core formal modelling and analysis research interests include quantitative automata, Markov models, process algebra, stochastic model checking, term and graph rewriting, interface automata.
I have worked on a range of interdisciplinary research projects encompassing areas such as: Computational Biology (biochemical networks, membrane systems), Communicating Systems (autonomous systems, vehicular networks, security protocols, sensor networks, smart water networks), Human Computer Interactions (user models, analytics for interactive systems), Computational Social Science.
Find out more on my personal website.
Academic roles and responsiblities
- 2020 - (ongoing): COMPSCI2026 Algorithmics
- 2020 - (ongoing): COMPSCI4031 Modelling Reactive Systems (H)/COMPSCI5057 Modelling Reactive Systems (M)
- 2022 - (ongoing): COMPSCI3011 Workplace Assessment Year 3
- 2012 - 2020: COMPSCI4031 Modelling Reactive Systems (H)/COMPSCI5057 Modelling Reactive Systems (M)
- 2020 - (ongoing): Exchange Student Coordinator for Computing Science
- 2020 - (ongoing): School Website Committee Member (FATA research section rep)
- 2015 - 2017: Postdoctoral representative
- 2014 - 2018: Athena SWAN Self-Assessment Team Member
- 2022 - (ongoing): Member of University Services Board of Studies for Student Learning Development, Academic Digital Development and Lifelong Learning (PGCAP student rep)
- 2012 - 2017: Postdoctoral Representative in the Researcher Development Committee (Research Strategy & Innovation Office)