Dr Kevin Guyan
- Research Fellow (Theatre, Film & Television Studies)
I am a Research Fellow on the ORA-funded GEP Analysis study into gender equality policies in film (with Universities of Babelsberg, Rostock, Alberta and Deakin), with UK lead Prof Doris Ruth Eikhof.
My research broadly explores the intersection of data and identity. I am the author of Queer Data: Using Gender, Sex and Sexuality Data for Action (Bloomsbury Academic), which examines the collection, analysis and use of gender, sex and sexuality data, particularly as it relates to LGBTQ people in the UK.
Before starting with the University of Glasgow in June 2021, I worked for a higher education organisation that focuses on equality, diversity and inclusion among staff and students in universities and colleges.
Further information about my work is available on my personal website.
- Collection, analysis and use of gender, sex and sexuality data
- Equality, diversity and inclusion in the cultural industries
- Digital cultures, technologies, policies and institutions
- Gender, LGBTQ and queer studies
- Member of the Royal Society of Edinburgh’s Young Academy of Scotland
- Member of Young Scot’s Data Advisory Group
- Deputy Convenor of Evaluation Support Scotland
- Trustee of the Equality Network
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board for Project Recognize, Northwestern University
- Judge for the Saltire Society's Non-Fiction Book of the Year (2019, 2021)