Postgraduate research students
- Adams, Christopher (Music)
Content and creation: The globally local role of the unsigned act.
- Ahmad, Normahfuzah (Media and Cultural Policy)
24-hour News Stations and Multifarious Challenges: Balancing Quality Journalism vs Audience Needs in Contemporary Media Milieu.
- Al Abri, Abdul Nasser Ahmed Abdullah (Media and Cultural Policy)
War reporting and military media management strategies in modern warfare.
- Al-Ali, Wafa Khalfan Rashid Burenqain (Media and Cultural Policy)
Local News Management in the Digital Era
- Asomatos, Christos (History ofArt)
ART IN THE NEW DEMOCRATIC PARADIGM: AUTONOMY, TECHNIQUE, PARTICIPATION
- Atkinson, Justine (Film & TV Studies)
Representation Matters: On- and off-screen diversity within African cinema exhibition in the UK
- Bambrough, Mark (History ofArt)
Henry Gyles, glass painter and the development of the glass transfer print
- Bandy, Dorian (Music)
Melodic Embellishment in Mozart
- Barron, Richard (Music)
Setting Scots Poetry
- Bayley, Christopher (Music)
- Beattie, Alison (Music)
MMus - Portfolio of Composition
- Bellinetti, Maria Caterina (History ofArt)
Building a Nation: The Construction of Modern China through CCP's Propaganda Images
- Beshr, Hany (Film & TV Studies)
Foreign policy in British political docudrama filmmaking (1991-2011)
- Bin Mohamad Affendi, Muhammad Amin (Film & TV Studies)
Nationalism and multiculturalism in Malaysian Cinema
- Bols, Ingrid (Music)
Programming choices and national culture. The case of French and British symphony orchestras.
- brayard, frederic (Film & TV Studies)
(Un)folding control, performance, real and virtual in French cinema:
- Brennan, Mhairi (Film & TV Studies)
Archiving the Referendum: The Scottish Independence Referendum 2014 and the BBC Scotland Television Archive
- Buddle, Tessa (Theatre Studies)
Utopia on Tour: exploring a contingent dramaturgy of utopia in contemporary touring theatre
- Bull, Andrew (Music)
The Music of the Scottish Church in the 13th and 14th Centuries
- Butucea, Vlad (Theatre Studies)
Theatrical Technologies: Challenging Gender and Sexuality in Theatre
- Carey, Richard (Music)
Circling the Square: A practice-based interrogation of the phenomenological language of audiovisual music
- Casado, Rosa (Theatre Studies)
Just a little bit of history repeating: understanding and visioning social space through meetings with places no longer there (working tittle).
- Castle, Kerr (Film & TV Studies)
Comfort TV - theorising the everyday use of TV as an apparatus for therapeutic reward, the restoration of identity, and other affects.
- Cattigan, Stephanie (Media and Cultural Policy)
The Leverhulme Trust Collections Scholarships: Promoting the Nation: Scotland's Industrial Films
- Chandler, Alex (Film & TV Studies)
Testing the limits of the ?hard man? in film: masculinity and male health behaviour in Scotland?s public health films 1934-2000
- Chavale, Areti (History ofArt)
Artists' Resale Right and the Art Market: Evidence from British Art Auctions
- Che Hassan, Abdul Hadi Bin (Media and Cultural Policy)
The influence of mobile communications and second screen phenomena on Malaysian society.
- Clapperton, Stacey (History ofArt)
The Making of Modern British War Art: Materials and Methods of Artists at the Front 1914-1919
- Cleaver, Jonathan (History ofArt)
Technical innovation and the development of carpet design in the Stoddard Templeton archives.
- Clive, Rachel (Theatre Studies)
Geodiversity and human difference: disability, landscape form and process
- Colta, Alexandra (Film & TV Studies)
Human Rights Film Festivals: Politics, Programmes and Practices
- Costantini, Rosa (History ofArt)
From the Golden Age to the Digital Age: Modelling and Monitoring Historic Tapestries
- Daniels-Yeomans, Finn (Film & TV Studies)
Beyond Representation: Documenting Traumas of the World Ecology
- Dyson-moss, Gillian Elizabeth (Theatre Studies)
Is there a contemporary feminist uncanny? An investigation into the relationship between object and performer in solo performance art.
- Edwards, Clare (Media and Cultural Policy)
Cultural Policy in Glasgow, 1970-1989
- Esposito, Angela (Media and Cultural Policy)
The rise of cooking television show formats within mixed media environments and the multiplatform era.
- FELLIOU, ANTONIA (Film & TV Studies)
Science Fiction Media and the Role of Women in Contemporary North-American and British Culture'
- Findlay, Jack (Music)
John Field and the influence Russian music culture had on his compositions.
- Flynn, Adam (History ofArt)
Convincing Fictions: Visual Representations of Monstrosity in Late Medieval and Early Modern Northern European Art
- Fung, Helena (History ofArt)
From East to West and Back Again: A critical review of the cross-cultural consumption, collecting and historiography of Chinese ?classic? furniture from the Ming and early Qing dynasties.
- Gabriel, Robert (Film & TV Studies)
Socio-Economic Ideology in Contemporary ?Tween? Television Programming
- Gron, Helene (Theatre Studies)
Migration and Home/lessness: Playwriting in a Globalised World
- Haag, Manon (Film & TV Studies)
Screen Tourism as Heritage Tourism
- Heindrichs, Tracy (Film&TV Studies)
Advertising Japan: an analysis of Japan?s self-branding through audio-visual media on the national and international market
- Hill, Katrina (History ofArt)
Complicated Objects: Chinese Imperial Artefacts in Victorian Britain
- Holton, Simon (Theatre Studies)
Artist Collectives and Collective Art Practices in UK Live Art in the Years of Austerity Politics (2010-2018)
- Horner, Richard (Film & TV Studies)
Uncanny Aesthetics; An overview of 21st Century Southern Gothic Media
- Hsiao, Chihyin (China and Medieval Art)
Owning China: The Material Life of London Tradesmen 1700-1750
- Hu, Qiao (History ofArt)
Materiality, Visuality, and Spatiality of Incense Culture in Ming Dynasty China
- Hughes, Alicia (History ofArt)
Dissecting and Drawing: Picturing the Body in William Hunter?s collection of Anatomical Illustrations
- Jarvis, Andrew (Film & TV Studies)
British Cinema, Neoliberalism and the Poetics of Crisis
- Jenkins, Abigail (Film & TV Studies)
The Big Picture: Fat Women in Film and Television
- Kamleitner, Katharina (Film & TV Studies)
Negotiating Women?s Film Festivals on the Festival Circuit ? Theory and Practice
- Kamza, Assel (Media and Cultural Policy)
Nation Branding: a Kazakhstan case study
- Karmy Bolton, Eileen Andrea (Music)
The working lives of the organised musicians in Valparaiso (Chile).
- King, Rose (History ofArt)
Women in Venetian Renaissance Painting from Giorgione to Tintoretto:
- Kirton, Jon-Luke (Music)
Investigating the other and the self, a phenomenological approach to pianist's lived experience of techniques in George Crumb's Makrokosmos I&II for amplified piano
- Knotts, Jennifer (Theatre Studies)
Play/writing histories: Navigating the Personal, Public and Institutional stories of theatre space: An Architextural study of the Citizens Theatre.
- Kroener, Oliver (Film & TV Studies)
Engaging Television - The Viewer/Character Relationship in Contemporary Television.
- Kubicka, Hanna Karolina (Film & TV Studies)
Seeing Yourself in Film and Television Characters: Identification as Fiction?s Connection to Real Life
- Lee, David George (Music)
Works in Progress: Vocation, Labour, The Act of Musical Composition and Early Modern Lutheranism
- Leomo, Kevin (Music)
Portfolio of Compositions: A practice-based investigation of cross-cultural composition
- Linster, Lisi (History ofArt)
Wholly Unholy. The use of medieval iconography in contemporary secular art
- Lu, Zhiyong (History ofArt)
Chinese Metal Threads of Famen Temple Silk, Tang Dynasty (618-907) -Research on their history and conservation
- Lyon, Rachel (History ofArt)
'Imitatio as method: reading, writing and the un-becoming of the mystic self'
- MacDonald, Isobel (History ofArt)
Sir William Burrell (1858-1961): the man and the collector
- MANGO, CAROLYN (Film & TV Studies)
Presence of African Women in the Screen Industry. A Case Study of Kenyan Women in the Screen Industry.
- Mann, Bill (Music)
Arrival of Italian opera in London early 18C
- Markey, John (Music)
The use of music in the construction of sectarian identities in west-central Scotland
- Marschall, Anika (Theatre Studies)
Performing Human Rights
- Massie, Daniel (Film & TV Studies)
Understanding Support: Supporting female film performances, The Academy Awards, and Audio-Visual essays
- Maxwell, Hailey (History ofArt)
Paris Between the Wars: Radical Art, Community and the Sacred
- McBride, Leah (History ofArt)
Figuring the Atrocious: Trauma Representation in Contemporary Art Practice
- McBurney, Stephen (Film & TV Studies)
Colour Cinema in Scotland, 1896-1916; The Materiality and Cultural Contexts of Colour Film in Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Inverness
- McCluskey, Ann (Media and Cultural Policy)
Where Cultural Nationalism Meet Broadcasting Politics: Scottish Arts Programming and the Values of the Public Sphere.
- McGregor, Aaron (Music)
The violin in Scotland from its beginnings to 1750.
- Millwood, Sasha (Music)
The Music of Thea Musgrave: an analysis based on the archival sources
- Naylor, Michelle (History ofArt)
'Picturing the Second City: Views and Visions of Dublin 1698-1853'
- Neilson, Toby (Film & TV Studies)
Ecological Futures: Contemporary Science-Fiction Cinema and The Anthropocene
- Ngai, Kate (Media and Cultural Policy)
Embracing the Small Screen: How individuals become involved, engaged and immersed in fiction television series
- Noel-Johnson, Victoria (History ofArt)
Modern Master or Kitsch Apprentice: De Chirico and his Relationship with the Old Masters
- O'connell, David Charles Joesph (Music)
Orchestration as signification in music of Claude Debussy
- O'Neill, Erica (History ofArt)
Tristan Tzara: Avant-Garde Performance and Exhibition Practice and the Emergence of the Performance/Theatre Dialectic.
- Orleans, Elzbieta (Music)
Apparition: The Adaptation of Archival Image and The Doctrine of Moral Rights in a Post-Digital Aesthetic
- Peng, Yun (Film & TV Studies)
Role of Gender: how does the eSports culture influence females' participation in eSports
- Pollick, Johanna (History ofArt)
The motif of the wound as a well in art, literature and devotional practice in late medieval England
- Quercetti, Ferruccio (Music)
The Great Italian Mistake First wave punk in Italy between 1977 and 1980
- Rao, Qinghong (History ofArt)
Rivers and Mountains: a Research about British and Chinese Landscape Painting
- Rawlings, Angela Marie (Theatre Studies)
Performing Geochronology in the Anthropocene: Siting Depths and Temporality along the North Atlantic Drift.
- Ren, Baihua (History ofArt)
The Water Mill ? Authentication of Jiehua
- Rickson, Raphael (Music)
Libidinal Discourse, Cognition, and Musical Structure
- Ritchie, Andrea (Music)
The Relationship between the Music of Film and Filmic Representations of Reality
- Rossi, Maria (History ofArt)
- Rozsa, Laszlo (Music)
The Art of Musical Conversation: Behavioural Attitudes in the Performance Practice of Italian Music from c. 1580-1640.
- Sanchez Villavicencio , Daniel (History ofArt)
Understanding Flexible Painted Textiles through the Characterisation of Glasgow Museums? George Kenning?s Banners
- Scott, Calum Collinson (Music)
Computer mediated physicality in Sound Art practice
- Shutt, Helen (Theatre Studies)
Play/writing Participation: Textual techniques employed by the playwright to create space for audience participation and co-authorship in performance
- Sillitoe, Hugh (Theatre Studies)
A comparative ethnography of contemporary absurdist performance practices amongst theatre practitioners and socio-political activitists.
- Singh, Kathryn (Theatre Studies)
?Silent Voices Speak? Exploring the experiences of South Asian women in Scotland through community engagement and playwriting.
- Twynholm, Raymond (Music)
Portfolio of Compositions
- Tyler, Matthew (History ofArt)
Aspects of manufacture and trade of the pigment smalt.
- Vile, Gareth (Theatre Studies)
Comics and Dramaturgy
- Vlcek Schurr, Jennifer (History ofArt)
The Art and Patronage of Abbess Cunegund's Passional: Discovering Traits and Identities
- Wagner, Alessio (Music)
Ekphrastic Responses to Nature in Systematic Composition
- Wang, Linfeng (Music)
Exploring the Localisation of Jazz Music in Mainland China: From the Perspectives
- Wang, Xiaodi (Media and Cultural Policy)
Implications of Digital Convergence for Television
- Wei, Xing (Media and Cultural Policy)
The Convergence of Traditional TV Media and Social Media: An Empirical Case Study in China
- Wetenhall, Tanya (History ofArt)
The Show Must Go On: The Impact of the Second World War on Costume Design in Great Britain, The United States and The Soviet Union
- Whitmore, Lucie (History ofArt)
Women's fashion in the First World War
- Wilkinson, Tom (Music)
Is J. S. Bach a compositional theorist?
- Wilson, Emmeline (Film & TV Studies)
Children with learning disabilities as digital audiences
- Wilson, Francis Marion Moseley (Theatre Studies)
(Un)Sanitizing Death as Process: Bodies and Boundaries through Performing Taxidermy
- Wilson, Harry (Theatre Studies)
Practising with Barthes: encounters between performance and photography.
- Woodward, Hannah Elizabeth (History ofArt)
The Context and Material Techniques of Royal Portrait Production in Stewart Scotland c.1530-1603
- Wu, Jun (Media and Cultural Policy)
Multiplatform Strategies in China
- Zhao, Haoyang (History ofArt)
- Zhou, Yu (Film & TV Studies)
Reminding the history of pain: A comparative study between films about the Nanking Massacre and the Holocaust
- Ziegler, Molly (Theatre Studies)
Staging Madness: representations of madness on the early modern English stage