Dr Yingru Li
- Lecturer in Financial Accounting, Tax and Audit (Accounting & Finance)
Yingru has a strong interest in theories of justice and politics. With a concern for social justice and human rights, Yingru is keen on doing research that could have policy significance and impacts on the practice of corporate accountability for human rights. In translating the theoretical concerns to the practice, Yingru is closely engaged in projects of both UK and China on topics, such as human rights issues along a supply chain, social justice and equality in less developed regions.
Yingru is a member of the School's Accounting research cluster and is also co-convenor of the Glasgow Human Rights Network.
Areas of expertise:
- Human rights and business
- Justice and justification in business and accounting
- Corporate accountability
- Critical accounting
- Financial Accounting and reporting
- Conceptual framework and standard setting
Yingru is interested in co-supervising projects examining:
- Human rights and business.
In particular, Yingru welcomes justice, human rights and equality related topics.
Current doctoral supervision
- Accountability and human rights (honours course)
- Accounting, image and power (honours course)
- Human rights and business (PGT course)
Treasurer at Bike for Good co.