Scholarship of Teaching and Learning II: undertaking a practice enquiry EDUC5988
- Academic Session: 2020-21
- School: Learning Enhancement and Acad Dev Service
- Credits: 10
- Level: Level 5 (SCQF level 11)
- Typically Offered: Semester 2
- Available to Visiting Students: No
- Available to Erasmus Students: No
Having designed an appropriate practice enquiry (normally done by undertaking Course 2d), this course offers an opportunity to implement your SoTL project in a supportive environment with LEADS staff and peers. Not only will you conduct your enquiry as part of this course, but you will also be given the opportunity to create a project output that is suitable for dissemination as well as having genuine impact on the enhancement of teaching and learning at the University of Glasgow.
11 contact hours involving a mixture of seminars, supervision meetings, and workshops.
The summative assessment consists of two parts:
1. A workbook portfolio (ILO1, 60%)
2. A 10 minute poster presentation (ILO2, 40%)
Alternative outputs may be considered for the poster presentation as long as they are agreed with the course convenor in advance. Any presentation will be filmed for marking purposes and your scholarly output may be displayed at the University of Glasgow Learning and Teaching Conference where appropriate.
This course aims to give you the opportunity to practically engage with the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning and undertake a small-scale enquiry of your own teaching and learning practice, and to disseminate and discuss your findings with your peers.
Intended Learning Outcomes of Course
By the end of this course you should be able to:
1. Critically reflect on implementation of a SoTL enquiry of your practice using an appropriate methodology; and
2. Communicate the outcomes and potential impact of your SoTL enquiry on learning and teaching practice.
Minimum Requirement for Award of Credits
Students must submit at least 75% by weight of the components (including examinations) of the course's summative assessment.