Teaching room PCs are available for anyone to use from Monday to Friday, 7.30am-11pm.
Weekend service can be provided by prior arrangement: contact the IT HelpDesk at least 7 days before your weekend event.
Logging in and out
You don't need to log in to use a teaching space PC.
If you choose to log in to OneDrive or any other service on a teaching space PC, for example to access materials for a presentation, remember to protect your data by logging out before you leave. For extra security, close the browser and restart the PC too.
Restarting the PC
Please don't shut down any teaching room PCs - they need to be up and running for the next user.
If you need to restart the machine, for example to fully delete information you'd temporarily stored on the C:Drive or desktop, click the RestartThisPC icon on the desktop.
Teaching room PCs automatically restart themselves every night, reverting to their original state in the process.
Teaching space PCs automatically restart themselves every night, reverting to their original state in the process.
Please note that:
- Any data you save to the C:Drive or desktop, and any changes you make to the PC, will disappear when the system restarts each night.
- Data you save on the C:Drive or desktop will be available to all subsequent users that day, and they may choose to delete it.
- If you need to retain data on a teaching room PC for a few days, save it to the T:Drive (THAWSPACE) - this is only cleared at the weekend. Data saved on the T:Drive will be available to to all subsequent users that week, and they may choose to delete it.
Teaching Space Build 10
- Windows 10 Enterprise
- Microsoft Office Professional 2016
- Skype for Business
- Office Tools
- Microsoft Office Proofing Tools 2016
- Internet Explorer 11
- Google Chrome Portable
- Adobe Reader X1
- Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1
- 7-Zip 16.04
- Cisco Anyconnect Secure Mobility Client 4.3
- Google Earth
- IBM SPSS Statistics 24
- IrfanView 4.44
- Libre Office 126.96.36.199
- MatLab R2017a
- Minitab 17
- PuTTY 0.66
- QVT/Term 5.2
- R for Windows 3.3.3
- R Studio 1.0.136
- VLC Media Player 2.2.4
- Windows Media Player
- Wolfram CDFPlayer 10.1
- WS_FTP 5.0.8
- YACRS Class Response 1.2
- .Net Framework
- Java 8 Update 102
- Shockwave 12.2
- Silverlight 5.1
- Citrix Receiver 13.4 (GIC only)
- SMART Board Tools **
- SMART Notebook 11** (Language Packs - English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish,Hebrew)
** Only in locations where relevant hardware is installed
- For full internet access use eduroam Wi-Fi
- If you only need to connect to UofG web pages or systems, you can use flexaccess Wi-Fi with no set up
Wired (ethernet) connection
- Connect your laptop to the marked port. Do not remove the ethernet cable from the teaching space PC.
- Use the IP address shown below:
(The IP address will only show when you are in a teaching space.)