Learning space PCs are available for anyone to use from 7.30am-11pm.
Logging in and out
You don't need to log in to use a teaching space PC.
If you choose to log in to OneDrive or any other service on a teaching space PC, for example to access materials for a presentation, remember to protect your data by logging out before you leave. For extra security, close the browser and restart the PC too.
Restarting the PC
Please don't shut down any teaching room PCs - they need to be up and running for the next user.
If you need to restart the machine, for example to fully delete information you'd temporarily stored on the C:Drive or desktop, click the RestartThisPC icon on the desktop.
Teaching room PCs automatically restart themselves every night, reverting to their original state in the process.
Teaching space PCs automatically restart themselves every night, reverting to their original state in the process.
Please note that:
- Any data you save to the C:Drive or desktop, and any changes you make to the PC, will disappear when the system restarts each night.
- Data you save on the C:Drive or desktop will be available to all subsequent users that day, and they may choose to delete it.
- If you need to retain data on a teaching room PC for a few days, save it to the T:Drive (THAWSPACE) - this is only cleared at the weekend. Data saved on the T:Drive will be available to to all subsequent users that week, and they may choose to delete it.
Learning Space Build 10.4
- Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2
- Microsoft Office 365 device based licensed
- Office Tools
- Google Chrome Portable
- Edge Browser
- Adobe Reader DC
- Google Earth
- Dotnet 35 dism
- Infrarecorder 0.53
- Libre Office 7.1.5
- VLC Media Player
- Windows Media Player
- Wolfram CDFPlayer
- .Net Framework
- EMU 6.2
- Sante Diacom Lite
- Cisco VPN 4.10
- R-Project 4.1.1
- SPSS 27
- Minitab 22.214.171.124
- SMART Board Tools **
- SMART Notebook 11** (Language Packs - English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Hebrew)
- Open Dyslexic font
- Echo360 Device Monitor**
- Zoom: Please note not all rooms are set up with cameras and microphones
- Shortcut on desktop to Glasgow Anywhere, MFA registration is required for access. Additional software requirements to meet teching needs and access to personal virtual desktop.
** only on specific areas
- For full internet access use eduroam Wi-Fi
- If you only need to connect to UofG web pages or systems, you can use flexaccess Wi-Fi with no set up
Wired (ethernet) connection
- Connect your laptop to the marked port. Do not remove the ethernet cable from the teaching space PC.
- Use the IP address shown below:
(The IP address will only show when you are in a teaching space.)