KE and Impact Repository
The University's Enlighten repository now includes a 'Knowledge Exchange and Impact' function, allowing you to record and document non-academic collaborations, consultations, public or community engagement, knowledge exchange or impact-generating activity and any other external engagement related to or stemming from your research.
The access to this extension of Enlighten is campus-only but can be accessed from off-campus via VPN or Remote Desktop.
The repository is intended to:
- help staff and research students track externally-facing engagement activities, contacts/collaborators and any documentation or information related to or arising from these activities;
- enable sharing of selective activities on the UofG web profile under the 'External engagement' tab raising the online profile of these activities;
- create a personal record of activities, impacts and evidence that can be downloaded and accompany the academic to another institution, if they leave UofG;
- help build up and monitor College/University-level Knowledge Exchange & Impact pipeline;
- easily contribute information on any externally-facing activities to P&DR forms and other routes to 'Reward and Recognition'.
Access to the repository is campus-only and can be accessed off-campus only via VPN or Remote Desktop. Log into the repository by clicking on 'Login' found under 'My Impact' (on left-hand corner of the page).
Staff and research students will be able to log in as 'User' using their GUID to create a repository record. Records will be visible/linked to the GUID(s) of any listed researcher in a particular record and can be edited/updated by them.
Where access has been granted as an ‘Editor’ (e.g. where administrative or other staff already upload to Enlighten for PIs), this will continue for the repository. Editors can input records and view/approve any new records for the School/Institute whose access they have been given.
'Reviewer' access, granted usually to the College Impact managers or Business Development managers, enables only viewing of records which are deposited under the School/Institute/College whose access they have been given. This is to allow the necessary monitoring and reporting on College's impact pipeline
Guidance and Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend that you create a single record for a specific research theme/project or an engagement project. This will enable you to update the project on an ongoing basis with additional activities, partners and documentation, and minimise any confusion caused by multiple records related to the same project.
- How to create and deposit a record?
- How to manage and download a record?
- How to add new activities to a record?
- How to share selected activities on your UofG profile?
If you are an ‘Editor’ or a ‘Reviewer’ please get in touch with the KE & I repository team for guidance document.
FAQs document can be downloaded here (PDF).
Initial population of repository
Any records deposited before April 2017 have been transferred over and are in the process of being reviewed and deposited in the repository. Information from pro formas for impact case studies is being transferred as new records, in order to support the Colleges in their REF impact evidence-gathering and monitoring purposes.
Please direct queries regarding the repository to the University Research Impact Team (Rose-Marie Barbeau or Bhoomi Gor at firstname.lastname@example.org).