Disability Exam Support
The Disability Service will agree with you what exam arragements are required via a needs assessment. These arrangements are then recorded in your MyCampus record:
- The Exams Team uses this information to put exam arrangments in place
- These arrangements are then circulated to Schools by the Exams Team, prior to each exam diet
- Schools will contact their students with details of these arrangements.
Due to the large scale complexity of these arrangements, the deadlines set for students must be met, in order for us to be able to put exam arrangements in place. Please note that if you miss the deadline to meet with Disabilty Service then we will be unable to put in place any exam arrangements for the forthcoming diet.
Please note the following deadlines for session 2019/20, for students to meet with Disability Service.
Deadline for Students to meet
with Disability Service
|December||Friday 8 November 2019|
|February||Friday 10 January 2020|
|April/May||Friday 13 March 2020|
|July/August||Friday 3 July 2020|
Exams Team are responsible for the following:
- To book rooms for students requiring a room separate from the main exam venue, whether on their own or sharing with a small number of other students.
- To book rooms for students requiring a separate room and the use of a computer. We use Computer Clusters in the Library for these exams. If a student requires a room on their own with a computer the School will book a suitable room and advise us of the room details.
- To be aware of students with extra time. Extra time should always be taken at the beginning of the exam, so for a 2 hour exam, starting at 09:30, a student with 15 minutes per hour extra, would begin their exam at 09:00.
- To circulate all of the arrangements to Schools.
- To provide invigilators with details of your exam provisions as detailed on your MyCampus record.
Schools are responsible for the following:
- To inform students of all exam arrangements put in place for them, including room bookings and early start times.
- To organise scribes and readers.
- To make arrangements for students with a temporary disability e.g. broken arm. All arrangements must be approved by the Clerk of Senate. If you have a temporary disability please contact your School in the first instance, Disability Service do not deal with temporary disabilities.
Students are responsible for the following:
- To book an appointment with Disability Service prior to the deadlines.
- To visit any separate room booked for you, to familiarise yourself with the location and highlight any problems you may foresee with the room, before your exam(s).
- To arrive at the exam venue in good time, and if you have extra time make your way into the exam hall before your start time. Please be aware that invigilators will not call out for students with extra time to enter the exam hall, you should go into the exam venue and make yourself known.
- To signal their presence to an invigilator when they enter a main hall exam venue.
- To provide coloured acetate/overlay, if required.