Results & Resits
Notification of Exam Results
Your exam results will be automatically sent to your student email inbox from MyCampus as soon as they become available. Additionally, you can view your results on MyCampus.
We kindly request that you refrain from contacting Registry via telephone or email to enquire about the publication of your results. Please note that members of staff are not authorised to disclose results over the phone or via email.
Resit Examination Enrolment Process
If you are eligible for resit examinations, it is essential to verify your enrolment status on your MyCampus student record to ensure accuracy. If you have any enquiries regarding enrolments, please reach out to the IT Helpdesk, who will direct your query to the appropriate school.
To verify your enrolment status, follow these steps:
- Log in to your MyCampus Student Record
- Access the Student Centre
- Navigate to the Enrolment Link
- Select the 'Enrol for Resits' tab
- You will be directed to the 'Exams Enrolled to Resit' screen
- All resit examinations you are enrolled for will be listed, with a tick mark indicating enrolment in the resit box
Resit Exams Lists & Special Circumstances
Please examine the resit exams list meticulously. If you find any exams listed that you do not wish to resit or if any exams you wish to resit are missing, please communicate this information via email to the Exams Team at firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday, 21st June 2024.
In your email, include the following details:
- Exam name
- Exam code
- Your full name
- Student number
In exceptional situations, your School or Research Institute may necessitate a resit examination for a course in which you have already attained an overall course grade of D3 (undergraduate non-Honours) or C3 (PGT). Alternatively, you may receive advice to resit an exam taken in a prior academic session.
If this applies to you, your School will have provided guidance accordingly. In such cases, please reach out to email@example.com with the same information noted above before Friday, 21st June 2024.
International Resit Examination Application Process
University of Glasgow students have the opportunity to apply for an International Resit Examination. Applications must be submitted by Friday, 21 June 2024.
Before applying, please ensure you meet the following criteria:
- You are an international student.
- You are enrolled to resit examinations in August 2024.
- You have submitted your application and payment before the deadline of Friday, 21 June 2024.
- Your application form is completed accurately.
Exceptional Circumstances for UK Residents
UK residents may apply for an International Resit Examination under exceptional circumstances, including:
- Serious medical grounds.
- Work commitments integral to an official work placement required by your course.
Such applications will require the approval of the Clerk of Senate as well as the appropriate Head of School, which will be sought after you submit a completed application.
If you are undertaking other commitments, including work and holidays, during the designated resit exam period, you are doing so at your own risk and will be ineligible for an International Resit Examination.
- The cost of an International Resit Examination is £80 per exam, payable to the University.
- Payment must be made in full before the deadline. Failure to pay via MyCampus will result in application refusal, notified via email.
- Any charges by an international examination centre are your responsibility.
- Refunds will be issued if international resit arrangements cannot be made, typically within 2-3 weeks.
Arrangements & Venue Confirmation
- The Exams Team will organise your resit exam(s) and confirm the venue, time, and date via email. Please check your email regularly until receiving confirmation.
- If a suitable venue cannot be found, you may need to travel to the nearest British Council or return to the University of Glasgow for the exam.
- International Resit Examinations must be taken simultaneously with those in Glasgow. Exceptions may be considered, subject to approval by the Clerk of Senate.
- International Resit Examination applications must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 21 June 2024.
- Late applications cannot be accepted due to the time required for arranging examinations outside the UK.
- The Exams Team will endeavor to find a suitable venue for your resit exams in your home country and obtain necessary approvals. If we cannot find a suitable venue, we will ask you to provide us with the details of one.
- If your application is successful, the Exams Team will ensure the hosting venue contacts you via the email you provided in your application. Please contact the hosting venue with any questions surrounding their fees.
Outcome & Rejection Criteria
- Not all international resit arrangements can be guaranteed.
- If arrangements are not approved, you may have to return to the University of Glasgow for your exam.
- Reasons for rejection may include unsuitable venue, prohibitive time difference, or insufficient time for satisfactory arrangements.
- Following the examination, answer books will be returned to the University for marking.
- Results will be published on MyCampus as usual.