Results & resits
An automated email will be issued to your student email account from MyCampus with your exam results as they become available.
Results will also be published on MyCampus.
Please refrain from telephoning or emailing the Registry to check when your results will be published.
Members of staff are not allowed to give out results by telephone or email.
Enrolment arrangements for resit examinations
If you are eligible for resits you must check your MyCampus student record to ensure the exams that you are enrolled to resit are correct. If you have any questions about enrolments, please contact the IT Helpdesk so that this can be referred to the relevant school.
How to check the exams you are enrolled to resit:
- Log into your MyCampus Student Record
- Go to Student Centre
- From Student Centre click on Enrolment Link
- Click on Enrol for Resits tab
- You will then see the Exams Enrolled to Resit screen
- All of the exams you are enrolled to resit will be listed and displayed with a tick in the resit box.
Check your resit exams list:
1. Please check the list thoroughly. If there are any exams listed that you do not want to resit or that you do want to want to resit but are missing, please email the Registry Exams Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the exam name,
- your full name, and
- student number
by Friday 24 June 2022 to ensure you are removed or added from the relvevant exam list.
2. In exceptional circumstances your School/Instiute may require you to resit an exam for a course where you have already received an overall course grade of D3 (undergraduate non-Honours) or C3 (PGT), or you may be advised to resit an exam taken in a previous academic session.
Your School will have advised you if that applies to you. If so, please contact email@example.com with details of:
- your name,
- student number,
- exam name, and
by Friday 24 June 2022 to be added to the exam list and ensure you have a clash-free exam timetable.
International resit exam eligibility & application
The option to apply for an International Resit Examination is open to University of Glasgow students. Applications must be submitted by Friday 24 June 2022.
Before you apply, there are eligibility requirements and they are listed below:
- You are an international student;
- You are enrolled to resit examinations in August;
- You have provided an application and payment before the deadline of Friday 24 June 2022; and
- You have completed the form correctly.
If you are an ordinary resident of the UK, you may apply for international exam arrangements in exceptional circumstances:
- Serious medical grounds; or
- Work commitments that are part an official work placement as required by your course
All International Resit Applications made by ordinary residents of the UK will require the approval of the Clerk of Senate as well as the appropriate Head of School, which will be sought after you have submitted a completed application.
If you are undertaking other commitments, including work and holidays, during the designated resit exam period, you are doing so at your own risk and will be ineligible for an International Resit Exam.
- The cost of sitting an international resit exam incurs a fee of £80 per exam by the University
- You will be asked to pay this fee in full, prior to the deadline date. Any students that has not paid via MyCampus will not have their application processed and will be notified via email it has been refused
- Any charges made by an international examination centre is payable directly to them by you
- We do not guarantee that we will be able to make international resit arrangements. If we are unable to do so, you will be refunded the total of your international resit exam fee. Refunds will take approximately 2-3 weeks.
- The Registry Examinations Team will make arrangements for the examination and confirm the details by e-mail with you and the venue. You must regularly check your e-mail until you receive an e-mail from us to confirm the arrangements for your examination.
- If a suitable venue cannot be found, you must travel to the nearest British Council or return to the University of Glasgow to undertake the exam.
- Examinations must be taken simultaneously with those held in Glasgow. Where this is not possible an overlap in the time may be permitted subject to approval by the Clerk of Senate. Please note: Where there is a time difference of +/- 4hrs GMT it can be difficult to secure a location in which to hold the examination at the same time as Glasgow and therefore it may not be possible to hold examinations in these countries.
You must complete the following application Overseas Resit Application Form and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24 June 2022. We regret that we are unable to accept applications after this date due to the time it takes to arrange examinations outside the UK. If you do not submit your application before the deadline you will have to return to Glasgow in order to take your examination.
To provide you with the option to take your resit exams in your home country, subject to your eligibility during the August diet. Registry will look for a suitable venue for the examination and seek all necessary approvals on your behalf. If we cannot find a suitable venue, we will ask you to provide us with the details of one.
Should you be successful in your application, we will put the venue in touch with you via the email you provided in your application. Please contact the hosting venue with any questions surrounding their fees.
We do not guarantee that we can make international resit arrangement for every student. If your examination arrangements are not approved by the Director of Registry (or nominee) you will be required to return to the University of Glasgow to take your exam. Reasons for rejection may include;
- unsuitable venue;
- prohibitive time difference, or
- insufficient time to put satisfactory arrangements in place prior to the examination taking place.
Following the examination your answer books will be returned to the University of Glasgow to be marked. Results will be published on MyCampus in the normal way.