Results & resits
Results & resits
An automated email will be issued to your student email account from MyCampus with your exam results as they become available.
Results will also be published on MyCampus.
Please refrain from telephoning or emailing the Registry to check when your results will be published.
Members of staff are not allowed to give out results by telephone or email.
Enrolment arrangements for resit examinations
If you are eligible for resits you must check your MyCampus student record to ensure the exams that you are enrolled to resit are correct.
You are eligible to resit the exam for a course where you have received:
- An overall course grade of less than D3 (undergraduate non-Honours) or C3 (PGT) at the first attempt.
- A medical or other adverse circumstances exemption grade of MV or a credit withheld grade of CW in the current academic session.
Resits are not available on Honours courses except on a small number of degree programmes.
If you are an Honours student with MV grades your School/Institute will advise you of arrangements.
How to check the exams you are enrolled to resit:
- Log into your MyCampus Student Record
- Go to Student Centre
- From Student Centre click on Enrolment Link
- Click on Enrol for Resits tab
- You will then see the Exams Enrolled to Resit screen
- All of the exams you are enrolled to resit will be listed and displayed with a tick in the resit box.
Check your resit exams list:
1. Please check the list thoroughly. If there are any exams listed that you do not want to resit, email the Registry Exams Team at firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- the exam name,
- your full name, and
- student number
by Friday 21 June 2019 to ensure you are removed from the exam list.
2. In exceptional circumstances your School/Instiute may require you to resit an exam for a course where you have already received an overall course grade of D3 (undergraduate non-Honours) or C3 (PGT), or you may be advised to resit an exam taken in a previous academic session.
Your School will have advised you if that applies to you. If so, please contact email@example.com with details of:
- your name,
- student number,
- exam name, and
by Friday 21 June 2019 to be added to the exam list and ensure you have a clash-free exam timetable.
International resit exam eligibility & application
The option to apply for an International Resit Examination is open to University of Glasgow students. Applications must be submitted by Friday 21 June 2019.
Before you apply, there are eligibility requirements and they are listed below:
- You are an international student;
- You are enrolled to resit examinations in August;
- You have provided an application and payment before the deadline of Friday 21 June 2019; and
- You have completed the form correctly.
If you are an ordinary resident of the UK, You may apply for international exam arrangements in exceptional circumstances.
Exceptional Circumstances are:
- Serious medical grounds; or
- Work commitments that are part an official work placement as required by your course.
All International Resit Applications made by ordinary residents of the UK will require the approval of the Clerk of Senate as well as the appropriate Head of School, which will be sought after you have submitted a completed application.
- The cost of sitting an international resit exam incurs a fee of £80 per exam by the University.
- You will be asked to pay this fee in full, prior to the deadline date. Any students that has not paid via MyCampus will not have their application processed and will be notified via email it has been refused.
- Any charges made by an international examination centre is payable directly to them by you.
- We do not guarantee that we will be able to make international resit arrangements. If we are unable to do so, you will be refunded the total of your interntional resit exam fee. Refunds will take approximatley 2-3 weeks.
- If you are undertaking other commitments, including work and holidays, during the designated resit exam period, you are doing so at your own risk and will be ineligible for an International Resit Exam.
- If a suitable venue cannot be found, you must travel to the nearest British Council or return to the University of Glasgow to undertake the exam.
- The international exam must take place at the same time as the exam held in Glasgow.
To provide you with the option to take your resit exams in your home country, subject to your eligibility during the August diet. Registry will look for a suitable venue for the examination and seek all necessary approvals on your behalf. If we cannot find a suitable venue, we will ask you to provide us with the details of one.
Should you be successful in your application, we will put the venue in touch with you via the email you provided in your application. Please contact the hosting venue with any questions surrounding their fees.
We do not guarantee that we can make international resit arrangement for every student.