Privacy Notice for All Tender Activity
Your Personal Data
The University of Glasgow will be what’s known as the ‘Data Controller’ of your personal data processed in relation to all tender submissions. This privacy notice will explain how The University of Glasgow will process your personal data.
Why We Need It
We are requesting basic personal data, such as name, contact details and, where relevant, limited data relating to knowledge and experience in the form of a summary CV of key personnel identified in your tender submission in order to review and access the knowledge and experience required for Goods, Services or Works tenders We will only collect data that we need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
Legal Basis for Processing Your Data
We must have a legal basis for processing all personal data. In this instance, the legal basis is:
- Legal obligation – the processing is necessary for us to comply with applicable procurement legislation including the Public Contracts (Scotland) 2015 Regulations, the Procurement Reform (Scotland) Act 2014, the Procurement (Scotland) Regulations 2016; or
- Public task/Official authority – the processing is necessary for us to carry out our core functions as a University.
What We Do With It and Who We Share It With
- All the personal data you submit is processed by staff at the University of Glasgow in the United Kingdom.
- Your data will be restricted and only shared with the evaluation panel identified for the tender process you are participating in.
- It will be used for the purpose of (a) evaluating your tender submission, and (b) for reference throughout the duration of the Contract.
How Long Do We Keep It For?
We only keep personal data for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice.
If a tender submission is successful, the University will retain any personal data submitted with the tender for the duration of the relevant contract and for up to seven years after the termination or expiry of such contract.
If your tender submission is not successful, the University will retain any personal data submitted with the tender for up to seven years after the date of the contract award.
What Are Your Rights?*
You can request access to the information we process about you at any time. If at any point you believe that the information we process relating to you is incorrect, you can request to see this information and may in some instances request to have it restricted, corrected or, erased. You may also have the right to object to the processing of data and the right to data portability.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that the ability to exercise these rights will vary and depend on the legal basis on which the processing is being carried out.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact the University Data Protection Officer who will investigate the matter.
Our Data Protection Officer can be contacted at email@example.com
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) https://ico.org.uk/