Be Cyber Streetwise in 3 simple steps
Issued: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 14:25:00 BST
You may have heard about this thing called the internet. It's great: there are kittens and rainbows and unicorns, but sadly also phishers and hackers and cybercrims.
Fortunately the UK Home Office's Cyber Streetwise campaign is a source of advice, common sense, videos and even games to help you keep your data, devices, identity and sanity safe online.
Protect your stuff
- Use strong passwords: #use3randomwords to protect your online stuff from hackers.
- Install antivirus software on your personal PC or Android device: Debug before bed!
- Download software updates: Find out why your PC always asks you to download software updates...spoiler: it's a good thing.
Foil the phishers
In the realm of email security, the Cyber Streetwise blog recently wrote about cybercriminals targeting students with bogus offers of university grants. Have a read to find out how to avoid falling for scams like this.
- Cyber Streetwise website
- Cyber Streetwise on Facebook
- @cyberstreetwise on Twitter
- University of Glasgow IT Services - Information Security