You can book recording devices to record audio for lectures where recording facilities aren't available. The audio recording of the lecture can be shared with students using Moodle.
Book a recorder
- Submit your request using the UofG Helpdesk
- Details of your booking will be emailed to you
- Collect the recorder from the UofG Helpdesk
Set up the recorder
- Insert the batteries into the recorder
- Use the included guide to set up and use the recorder
Download your audio recording
When finished recording, download the file from the recorder:
- Connect the recorder to your computer using the USB connector
- Locate your audio file on the recorder
- Copy it to your computer
Refer to the relevant user guide for details.
Save the recordings in your OneDrive, for secure cloud storage
Editing your audio file
To edit your audio file use Camtasia, which is the centrally supported solution for media editing.
Find out how to get Camtasia.
Adding slides to your recording
Use Camtasia to add additional content or slides to your audio. You can import PowerPoint slides/decks to Camtasia and add them in at the desired sections of the audio recording.
Export your audio file
When ready, export your audio file from Camtasia.
Upload your media to Kaltura
In order to share your media to Moodle, you must upload it to Kaltura to enable you to share to Moodle.
Please do not upload the file directly to Moodle
- Log into Kaltura using your GUID and password.
- Click the Add New button at the top right of the page
- Select Media Upload and follow the on-screen instructions
Once uploaded, Kaltura will automatically produce a transcript of the recording.
Link content to Moodle
- Navigate to your course in Moodle and turn on editing
- Add a Kaltura video resource and follow the on-screen instructions
- Select the video from your My Media and click save and display
Your audio file should now be on your course in Moodle.