We hope you enjoyed your time here at the University. Please stay in touch (see below).
If you are leaving University this Summer, you have until Monday 1st October to make copies of your files and other content on University systems, and to save these safely somewhere else.
On that date your GUID will expire and your student IT account will close.
From Monday 1st October 2018 you will no longer have access to GUID services including your University email account, Office 365, OneDrive for Business, your network filestore drives (M:, K:), MyGlasgow, Moodle, Mahara, VPN, Remote desktop, eduroam Wi-Fi and e-journals.
If you have installed Microsoft Office applications from Office 365 on your own devices using your student IT account, this software will prompt you for activation soon after your account closes. If you still want to use those installations of Office you will need to purchase a license from Microsoft.
Why does my account have to close?
- Our software licenses only cover currently registered students, so we cannot continue to provide services once you are no longer officially registered.
Can I keep my account open for another week/month?
- We provide a three month grace period, ending on 1 October, to allow you to move your data to another account. Unfortunately accounts cannot be extended beyond this, so please be sure to move your data before the closure date.
I am now working for my School/College, can I keep my student account?
- No, but you may be eligible for a staff account. Please ask your supervisor or line manager to arrange a staff IT account.
How do I save my data?
- 1. If you do not already have one, setup a non-university email account, (free email accounts are available from many providers including Gmail, Yahoo and Outlook.com). Use this account to send your GU student email and files to.
- 2. Remember to contact all your friends and contacts who use your UofG email account and tell them you have a new email address.
- 3. Email all important documents and files to the above account or save them on a CD, cloud storage or memory stick from a University cluster computer or remote desktop service.
Information from other University Services
- You can get career guidance and information for up to 2 years after graduation.
- You can book guidance appointments and source careers information through our web site at http://www.glasgow.ac.uk/careers.
- Join The Network: our exclusive online platform that connects you with alumni for careers tips and advice [www.glasgow.ac.uk/thenetwork].
- Remember to re-register with Glasgow Careers using your non-University email address to continue your access to vacancies, events listings and personalised job alerts. https://glasgow.targetconnect.net/graduate
Keep in touch with your University
Your time studying at Glasgow may be coming to an end but we hope that you have founded a relationship with your university that will last a lifetime.
- When you enrol to graduate, you’ll be asked to provide us with your personal email address. We’ll use your email address to keep you informed with University news and to tell you about ways that you can stay in touch us as an ambassador, volunteer, friend or supporter. We can still contact you by post, but having your email makes it easier and greener to keep in touch.
- After graduation, we’ll then contact you with information about your General Council membership and all the other opportunities available to you as an alumnus/a of the University of Glasgow.
- Find out more about your alumni community and follow us on social media
To continue using the Library as a Graduate:
- 1. Register as a General Council member of the Library. http://www.gla.ac.uk/library/usingthelibrary/informationforsubscriptionmembers/
Please note: membership of the Library does not entitle you to use the University Wi-Fi, student computers or access e-journals.
- 2. Support the Library by joining the Friends:- http://www.gla.ac.uk/library/collections/friends/
Graduate this summer and still receive the benefits of University of Glasgow Sport
- If you're an existing member your membership is live until the end of September so make the most of it!
- If you're not a member you have until you graduate to take out a £40 Get Active Summer Student membership which will run through until the start of Freshers' Week
- We know the transition from student to working life can be costly and we don’t want you to miss out on your regular fitness kick. Take advantage of our special offer - New Graduate GU Connect membership giving you full access to our facilities and services for only £15 per month for first 12 months within a year of Graduation (payment by Direct Debit). To find out more just pop into the Stevenson Building and speak to a member of the Front of House Team.