For students on the Dumfries Campus
Usernames and passwords
UofG students attending Dumfries campus have more than one user ID.
This is because you have user accounts for both the University of Glasgow and the University of the West of Scotland.
University of West of Scotland
- Your username is prefixed with a G, for example eg G1012345A
- Use this for Wi-Fi, filestore access, cluster workstations and printing on the Dumfries campus.
University of Glasgow
- For most IT services, use your UofG email address as your username along with your password.
- You will need your GUID (Glasgow Unique IDentifier) as a username for some services. Your GUID is your student number followed by the first letter of your surname, for example 1012345A.
Including cluster workstations, G prefixed passwords, wireless access, printing and filestore.
- IT Helpdesk, Dudgeon House, Room E15
- Call extension 2028 (01387 70 2028)
Including usernames, Email, Moodle, MyCampus, and general enquiries
Changing your password
University of Glasgow:
Note: This will change your password for ALL University of Glasgow IT services.
University of West of Scotland:
- While logged into a Dumfries cluster workstation, press Ctrl-Alt-Del then change your password in the dialogue box.
Note: This only changes your G-GUID password, and is only for logging into Dumfries cluster PCs.