University Inclusion Calendar 2023-24
The Inclusion Calendar is a fantastic resource to expand your awareness and understanding of the many cultural and religious festivals and celebrations throughout the year. Moreover, it serves as a helpful reference tool should you wish to organise your own events around any of the dates. Produced in collaboration between the Equality and Diversity Unit and the University’s Honorary Chaplaincy team, the calendar spans the academic year 1 August 2023 to 31 July 2024.
The calendar enables people with vision impairment or disabilities to access the content easily through assistive technology such as screen magnifiers, screen readers, speech-recognition software and text-to-speech software.
We have made it easier for everyone to access it digitally and made it available as a shared calendar, in the same way you access other shared calendars using Microsoft Outlook on PC and Mac.
The calendar is designed to:
- mark significant days for diverse faiths and beliefs
- highlight national and international celebrations and commemorations
- provide key University and Students’ Representative Council dates
We hope you will find this Inclusion Calendar a valuable and enlightening resource throughout this new academic year.
Get the calendar
Outlook on Windows
- From your calendar folder, on the Home tab, select Add Calendar.
- From the drop down menu, choose From Address Book and select Global Address List, from the Address Book menu.
- In the search field, type in the name of the calendar firstname.lastname@example.org and select the forward arrow to search.
- From the search results, select the calendar name to highlight it and then select the Calendar button
When the name is populated beside Calendar, select OK.
- The calendar should open in Outlook and will be displayed under Shared Calendars.
Outlook on Macs
- In Outlook, open your calendar.
- From the left-hand side, right-click on your email address.
- From the drop-down menu, choose Add Shared Calendar.
- In the search field, type in the name of the calendar email@example.com
- From the search results, select the calendar name to highlight it and then select Open.
- The calendar should open in Outlook and will be displayed under People’s Calendars.
Outlook on the Web
- In Outlook, open your calendar
- Select Add Calendar. Once you’ve selected add calendar, additional options will be displayed.
- Choose Add from Directory
- From the drop-down menu, select your UofG email account
- In the search field, type the name of the calendar firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the Add to drop-down menu, choose People’s calendars and then select Add.
- Close the Add Calendar window and you will see the calendar displayed under People’s calendars
Using the Inclusion Calendar
Windows and Macs
In ‘Calendar’ view, check that the Inclusion Calendar is showing -it will be called 'Equality and Diversity Unit'. If not, select it from the calendar list on the bottom left pane.
The Calendar will appear on the right of your own calendar.
- You can integrate it into your personal calendar be selecting the left facing arrow in the calendars title bar.
- You can reverse this by selecting the right facing arrow in the Integrated title bars.
You can integrate it into your personal calendar by selecting the View menu item and then choosing Split view.
To remove split view, select View again and then Split view.
To remove the calendar, under your Calendars list, right-click on the calendar name and select Remove.